How Are You Feeling?

kwylino

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind = blown

Just returned from my first ever Bruce Springsteen concert. First he played some small surprise gig by himself for about 40 minutes and then the actual show with the E Street Band lasted for over 4 hours. The show was supposed to end over an hour before it was actually finished and if they hadn't been threatened of having the power cut I'm sure they would have kept on going for even longer. The Finnish media are claiming it to be the longest concert of Springsteen's career and with his 'regular' shows of +3 hours that's really some record, if true. :o

My feet are killing me having stood still for 6-7 hours straight but can't rest yet, tomorrow is another big day when I go see Red Hot Chili Peppers. :)

was Sil with him. :clown: or lil stevie as music fans know him as?

i`ve just been called sick by my eldest niece..because we tuckin into a pizza watching a new to british tv episode of the deadliest catch and mike off the kodiac just lost the tip of his finger. i`m sick because i carried on eating the pizza as the graphic scene was still on the screen...i win..more pizza for me.. :getin:

Mind = blown

Just returned from my first ever Bruce Springsteen concert. First he played some small surprise gig by himself for about 40 minutes and then the actual show with the E Street Band lasted for over 4 hours. The show was supposed to end over an hour before it was actually finished and if they hadn't been threatened of having the power cut I'm sure they would have kept on going for even longer. The Finnish media are claiming it to be the longest concert of Springsteen's career and with his 'regular' shows of +3 hours that's really some record, if true. :o

My feet are killing me having stood still for 6-7 hours straight but can't rest yet, tomorrow is another big day when I go see Red Hot Chili Peppers. :)

That is pretty amazing.

was Sil with him. :clown: or lil stevie as music fans know him as?

i`ve just been called sick by my eldest niece..because we tuckin into a pizza watching a new to british tv episode of the deadliest catch and mike off the kodiac just lost the tip of his finger. i`m sick because i carried on eating the pizza as the graphic scene was still on the screen...i win..more pizza for me.. :getin:

Steven Van Zandt?

Bit pissed off that these Olympics are fucking up my work schedule so much. Twice now i've got up at 3:30am and deliveries have been cancelled so didn't need too even be there. I am quite glad to be home tho so early but it's very annoying.

I'm also excited about watching a great day of Olympic stuff today. Cycling, Swimming, Rowing, Football. Awesome.

I now know just how tough it is to do anything with a stomach bug. I've had a very tough time the last 3 days just getting to uni and back. I used to criticise athletes for sitting out matches/playing well below normal for stomach bugs, now I see just how much they have to fight to put in even an average performance.

Tonight we saw Bruce and the Band form a feedback loop with the Helsinki Olympiastadion audience, the product of which was a thrilling 4 hours and 6 minutes of pure rock —Bruce’s longest recorded show time ever.

From Springsteen's official website, so I guess it is true that yesterday's show was the longest. Add the 30-40min acoustic 'warm-up show' to that 4 hours and 6 minutes and that's nearly 5 hours of play time. Most musicians would be exhausted after that but Bruce and the band looked like they could still have gone on for days and the guy is over 60 years old ffs. Massive respect. :o

Eating raw stuff always comes with its hazards

I know. Around this time last year my parents and I were food poisoned eating spoiled fish. There was barf everywhere, it was so nasty. By far the worst night in my life. I guess we haven't learned our lesson yet, lol.

I suppose, but it's from Japan, actually. Have you never tried anything raw?

I know it's from Japan, I googled it :D But you're close to Japan, so I take your nutrition cultures aren't too different? I've eaten a couple of sushis, but that's it. Wasn't a fan, but is edible.