How Are You Feeling?

kwylino

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like crap. What I thought was an ordinary rash has turned out to be a virus called Shingles. The pain is annoying and I can't do anything but apply the prescribed cream and wait for it to go away. Ugh. I also seem to be getting cramps. Oh happy days.

Get well soon! Avoid touching others ... and yourself :D

Feel like crap. What I thought was an ordinary rash has turned out to be a virus called Shingles. The pain is annoying and I can't do anything but apply the prescribed cream and wait for it to go away. Ugh. I also seem to be getting cramps. Oh happy days.

I've heard they can be quite painful. It is bad enough when you get chicken pox but shingles is worse because the virus (varicella zoster) has laid dormant in your nerve endings. They say you can feel like you have the flu without a fever. The good news is that typically you only have it once.

Hope you feel better soon.

I've heard they can be quite painful. It is bad enough when you get chicken pox but shingles is worse because the virus (varicella zoster) has laid dormant in your nerve endings. They say you can feel like you have the flu without a fever. The good news is that typically you only have it once.

Hope you feel better soon.

It is painful but not in the "excruciating" sense, rather it's a stinging pain (for me at least) that comes and goes. The worst part however is that sometimes when my t-shirt touches or brushes against the rash, I feel a sting. Thankfully that doesn't happen all the time.

I thought it was an ordinary rash so ignored it for over a week thinking that it would go away on it's own. The pain was getting increasingly worse and I couldn't take it anymore so finally went to see the doc today. Very glad I made that decision! The pharmacist I saw on Monday thought it was a fungal rash so I had been applying the cream that she prescribed! I didn't think that it could be a virus!

Thanks! :)

Get well soon! Avoid touching others ... and yourself :D

Thanks for that lovely bit of advice Jaimin :D

It is painful but not in the "excruciating" sense, rather it's a stinging pain (for me at least) that comes and goes. The worst part however is that sometimes when my t-shirt touches or brushes against the rash, I feel a sting. Thankfully that doesn't happen all the time.

I thought it was an ordinary rash so ignored it for over a week thinking that it would go away on it's own. The pain was getting increasingly worse and I couldn't take it anymore so finally went to see the doc today. Very glad I made that decision! The pharmacist I saw on Monday thought it was a fungal rash so I had been applying the cream that she prescribed! I didn't think that it could be a virus!

Thanks! :)

You're welcome! I used to work in virology so I know a bit about the disease but it's been many years. I had to drag the memory banks for that little bit! LOL With the nerves already sensitive, I can imagine that it would be uncomfortable having anything rub on it. I would guess that the pharmacist though you were too young to have shingles since it is typically people with very weak immune systems (transplant patience or cancer patients) or older folks (like me) that get them. Stress can also trigger them in people of all ages.

Take care

Ouch! Hope you get better soon.

feeling shittier as every day goes by.

oh no! I hope things improve!! Take care

Absolutely worn out and glad it's Friday and next week is only 3 days! On the other had I only have 25 days left of supply teaching and that is a wonderful feeling since the schedule is awful!

Relieved. My dad has been in the hospital for over a month now for a tumor on his large intestine. He had to undergo chemoterapy and radioterapy. That went alright, but as he had 2 stents planted before, 1 had pierced his large intenstine causing problems. He had a surgery today and the doctor said he removed a tumor 25-27 centimeters long and a small portion of his bladder. He will need to carry a stoma for the rest of his life, but he will live. Doctor also said he had no metastasis.

It has been a tough period for me, as my grandpa also died in february and I didn't know what to expect from my father's condition. It's all behind now and I'm happy he will be fine :)

Health>everything else.

Relieved. My dad has been in the hospital for over a month now for a tumor on his large intestine. He had to undergo chemoterapy and radioterapy. That went alright, but as he had 2 stents planted before, 1 had pierced his large intenstine causing problems. He had a surgery today and the doctor said he removed a tumor 25-27 centimeters long and a small portion of his bladder. He will need to carry a stoma for the rest of his life, but he will live. Doctor also said he had no metastasis.

It has been a tough period for me, as my grandpa also died in february and I didn't know what to expect from my father's condition. It's all behind now and I'm happy he will be fine :)

Health>everything else.

That's really really good news about your dad Nemanja! I remember you were in real stress over his health, and I speak for everyone by saying, we're totally relieved that your dad will be fine! I hope he gets even more better over time!

---

As for how I'm feeling today... trying to juggle a heartache and a bad cold, is somewhat of a rare skill to be had, put it that way! :P

Tired... the first since about 2 or 3 weeks I slept more than 8 hours but still I'm really tired.

You really should try to get more sleep mate. In my experience, eight daily hours of sleep make all the difference in your mood, effort and ultimately your performance in your work study...etc

You really should try to get more sleep mate. In my experience, eight daily hours of sleep make all the difference in your mood, effort and ultimately your performance in your work study...etc

If I had the time to sleep, surely I would. But this year has been so stressful, school (e.g. I'm doing my Spanish homework now^^) and all my other out-of-school activities are working my last nerve... I can't wait till the big summer holidays

If I had the time to sleep, surely I would. But this year has been so stressful, school (e.g. I'm doing my Spanish homework now^^) and all my other out-of-school activities are working my last nerve... I can't wait till the big summer holidays

I can definitely relate to what you're saying but I usually choose sleep over my uni and work :lol: