Chelsea 2-0 Man City

90 minutes isnt long enough for the Blue Kenyan ,,,yet again at the very end so much energy still left ,,,

So true. And lets keep the connection to Lissabon hot, there may be more unpolished gold?. ;)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So true. And lets keep the connection to Lissabon hot, there may be more unpolished gold?. ;)

Di Maria was poached by Madrid but Fabio Contrao remains. All of this buying from Benfica reminds me of the days we bought Bosingwa, Ferreira, Carvalho from Porto. Portuguese Liga Sagres has been grateful to us. :)

Only one thing

Oh David Luiz

You are the Love of My Life

Oh David Luiz

I'd Let You Shag My Wife

Oh David Luiz

I Want Curly Hair Too

:blue scalf: :champions:

The MHL went nuts when he scored!

What a game! I woke up this morning when my dad slapped me round the face and showed me he had two tickets for the game, the old sly dog! Great performance, a little frustrating at times but signs the old Chelsea are back.

Luiz, Ramires and Essien were absolutely sensational today!

You went today lad?

Di Maria was poached by Madrid but Fabio Contrao remains. All of this buying from Benfica reminds me of the days we bought Bosingwa, Ferreira, Carvalho from Porto. Portuguese Liga Sagres has been grateful to us. :)

Prescisly, let`s keep on gold digging. :yes:

It's funny to see how ManCity's players and staff are fascinated by Torres lol.

This could've been a disaster in all honesty. Torres was very annoyed at being taken off, he was shaking his head and notably upset. Had we not won today, that could've had serious implications for Carlo.

We were very good today, didn't panic and just kept going til we got the goal. Man City are a very solid team, 3 strong defensive midfielders and a solid back 4 and i admire the way we kept going. Man City were visibly tired with 20 minutes to go, that's the difference between going into a second leg 2-0 up like us and 2-0 down like them.

We're still fresh, there's not many games left and we're in fantastic shape for the run-in.

Solid performance against a team that showed very little ambition. The teams that trouble us the most are the ones that come to Stamford Bridge and play on the front foot. I'd be ashamed if I was Mancini because he has the players to play a more positive game.

I thought our defence played very well, Luiz and Ashley in particular were standouts for me. Essien is improving and Ramires has really come on a great deal. It wasn't just the goal but his energy and ability to track and close opponents down is second to none.

Up front I know I give Kalou a lot of stick but his style of play is exactly what we need. A second striker that drops deep, tries to conjure up something special. Now if only we can get a second striker worthy of playing for Chelsea. Kalou is the right type of player but the wrong level of talent if you get what I mean. He is just too weak, slow and and doesnt have a good shot but the ideas are right. If only Anelka had the brain to play the way Kalou wants to play.

Malouda and Lampard were tragic. Easily the two worst Chelsea players on the pitch. At least with Malouda when he plays badly he's replaced but Lampard seems to have free reign to stink up the place.

Up front I know I give Kalou a lot of stick but his style of play is exactly what we need. A second striker that drops deep, tries to conjure up something special. Now if only we can get a second striker worthy of playing for Chelsea. Kalou is the right type of player but the wrong level of talent if you get what I mean. He is just too weak, slow and and doesnt have a good shot but the ideas are right. If only Anelka had the brain to play the way Kalou wants to play.

Malouda and Lampard were tragic. Easily the two worst Chelsea players on the pitch. At least with Malouda when he plays badly he's replaced but Lampard seems to have free reign to stink up the place.

Agree there. Kalou complimented Torres very well, a bit greedy (perhaps trying to do a Malouda in front of Carlo), but his positioning and awareness is the type of player we should look for. Like you said, we need a player like him but tactically better.

In terms for the last point, it wasn't Lampard's best game. But he is showing signs of his old self in the last few games, we'll have to be patient with him really, he'll find his good form soon. Remember that pass to Anelka vs Copenhagen in the first leg?

Agree there. Kalou complimented Torres very well, a bit greedy (perhaps trying to do a Malouda in front of Carlo), but his positioning and awareness is the type of player we should look for. Like you said, we need a player like him but tactically better.

In terms for the last point, it wasn't Lampard's best game. But he is showing signs of his old self in the last few games, we'll have to be patient with him really, he'll find his good form soon. Remember that pass to Anelka vs Copenhagen in the first leg?

He was great tactically, he took up some great positions.

Lampard was just abysmal. One good pass a few weeks ago doesn't make up for misplacing simple passes and being tackled any time he attempts to run with the ball. How many times did he shoot yesterday from crazy distances? Really starting to become a joke.