Chelsea 2-0 Man City

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman looked happy, High fiving his son and everything.

Indeed. Didn't look too happy when Torres was taken off though - Perhaps he'll forgive Carlo because it worked (Drogba assist)

A great, solid, organised win today. Defending was class, as was the midfield discipline. Missed the first half, in the second, Torres look lively - It's a shame he wasn't allowed to carry on (instead of Anelka coming on). Going 3rd will be a huge boost for the team, especially with a game in hand. If we stay organised, 2nd can look a possible target. Inconsistency of Arsenal will grant us that wish :whistling:

Just clicked for me - David Luiz -- Fear of Manchester

I'm happy to see that Ancelotti is the one in charge and can make the stars on bench want to come into the game and make a differance. That was a different Drogba out there. I do think Torres was good today but Drogba's assist and Luiz's finishing turned it for us - although we dominated most of the game.

What a bloody win, just what we needed. Absalutely fucking great!, to be honest if we never won that or got a draw that would of been typical city won, we deserved it from the start, we out played them. Ramires what a goal by him, to be honest he played very well in the match, Luiz and Terry done brilliant, Torres done well, but we need to give him a full game. It's not helping switching to many times, even with Drogba. Still great match and just what we needed, come on Chelsea.

Absolutely tremendous in so many ways. Considering the importance of the game and the quality of the opposition Id go as far as to say that was our best performance this season.

From an attacking standpoint it was always going to be difficult to break them down as they are very well organised but we did create chances in the first half and most importantly of all we dominated the game, unlike previous recent meetings with City where we would give away the ball cheaply in dangerous areas, our use of the ball was much better today and we always looked like we carried a threat.

Defensively it was something approaching a masterclass, City break so quickly and have so many dangerous players but our positioning was spot on, we tracked the runners, we very rarely let them get in behind us and when they did we swarmed on them.

Malouda aside, you could probably say everyone played well and everyone played their part. Cech's handling was spot on and he made a good save early in the first half from a low Yaya Toure drive, Ivanovic was beast like in his approach, never let him Serbian compatriot, Kolarov, get the better of him, Terry vindicated the on watching Capello as he delivered a performance worthy of the captaincy for club and country, Cole stormed down the left flank and defended very well against Milner, Essien entered his best performance in months as he dominated in midfied despite City having the extra man in there, he was fast, he was strong, his passing was excellent, it was the return of the bison. Lapard alongside him was very good also, gave the attack the support it needed, tackled well. Kalou was unpredictable as ever and had some really good threatening moments and Torres looked up for it, never got the great chance he craved but he had some lovely touches, looked fast and worked very hard for the team, his best performance in a Chelsea shirt by a long way. How good did Drogba look when he came on? Menacing, strong and a great delivery for the opener.

Of course I've left 2 names out of that intentionally. The Brazilian lads, David Luiz and Ramires, are the future of Chelsea, there is no doubt about it. Both only 23 years of age, both have so many years ahead of them in a blue shirt, not only were they the goalscorers today but their play was top notch, Ramires entered his best ever performance for Chelsea as he did the work of two men on the right hand side of midfield but also in the cnetre of midfield when he wound up in there and his attacking play, which he was not renowned for when we signed him, is so crisp, so fast and the goal so skillful, magical. But the star of this show was Chelsea newboy David Luiz, giving one of the best defensive performances I can remember, anything that fell in the box, Luiz was on the end of it, literally nothing, ball or man, got past him today, it was incredible, I've run out of superlatives to describe it and the goal magnificent, simply put there is a new hero at the Bridge.

COME ON CHELSEA!

JUST LIKE WATCHING BENFICA YOU MEAN whistling.gif

Awesome game, Chelsea gonna make Manure sweat until the end of the season.

Sorry, but I hope Porto beat you in those two games. :D

Even a Porto-Benfica final in Dublin is possible.

Never thought that Torres would fail to score for 7 games. I'm a bit disappointed, especially because it was his birthday and I wanted him to score so bad, he should've played 90 minutes, but I support Carlo on this one. His changes led to the goals.

We won and the club can party now. blue%20scalf.gif

2 week break now. Typical, just as momentum is building nicely.:(

Look at the bright side, we played City before the break not after. Stoke away is must win for us on-form or off-form, not to be cocky but it's reality. I'm confident in our ability.

John Terry simply proved why HE is the only possible choice, regarding the England captaincy. Another brilliant performance, another tackle being made for the team even though it must have hurt as hell.