Sir Alex is worried

BlueLion.

We've all seen Sir Alex Ferguson dismiss Chelsea's title chances this season - just like last season, where we were apparently too old to win the Premier League title.

And it seems to me that Sir Alex is most certainly worried about the defending champions. Chelsea are most certainly not out of it, despite being 12 points behind the league leaders. Look at the fixture lists. Manchester United have crunch dates at the Emirates and Anfield, and let's not forget the two games against Chelsea that can see a six-point swing put the Blues back into full contention.

I have no doubts that Chelsea will qualify for Europe next season - in fact, I think we are still on for a third-placed finish. City and Tottenham, despite having the best squads in the league, do not have the best starting elevens in the league, and both seem to be very distracted by European competition. Spurs have been entered in the Oxford English Thesaurus as a synonym of 'European hangover,' as Tuesday's 3-1 defeat at the hands of Blackpool will testify.

When you consider the fact both teams still have to come to Stamford Bridge - where, no matter how poor Chelsea play, they always seem to get a result against the big boys - there is still a chance that Chelsea can not only kick ass against their immediate rivals, but at least put up a respectable fight in the title race.

Sir Alex is rattled - either that, or he's incredibly stupid.

Chelsea hold all the cards in the title race. Beat United and we potentially hand the title to Arsenal. It is an improbability, rather than an impossibility, that Chelsea can win the Premier League title this season - but make no mistake, United are nervous about coming to Stamford Bridge, and so they should be.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the article on BBC, still want Man United to win it though rather than Arsenal. I don't think we have a chance of winning at all, but if we get into the top 4, and kick Tottenham out, i couldn't be anymore happy with Chelsea, then we can get back in form the next season.

It's obvious that we won't win PL this year. It is only battle between ManU n Asnl. If I could choose, who to win the PL, i'd choose ManU. But I agree with Sloth. If we'll be 3rd or 4th and we'll kick out Tottenham, this Premier league year would be OK. I hope we'll beat that red scums on tuesday! blue%20scalf.gif

I'd worry too if i was Fergie. Wigan away today, Chelsea away on Tuesday and Liverpool away next Sunday, also with a trip to Arsenal to come. Even Wigan away on a wet, soggy, heavy pitch aint a gimme.

Arsenal still have Tottenham away, Man Utd at home and Liverpool at home so they still have a tiny bit to do, plus when they beat Orient, they have to go to old trafford in the fa cup and they need to go to barcelona, those games will take it out of em too. Also have a 4 point deficit if Utd win today.

i'd say its 50/50 but i think Arsenal will win it.

We're definitely out of it. Let's not kid ourselves.

The only thing Fergie is worried about now is if it's United or Arsenal who end up lifting the trophy. He knows, we're one of the only sides that can really cost him number 19 this season.

It's obvious that we won't win PL this year. It is only battle between ManU n Asnl. If I could choose, who to win the PL, i'd choose ManU. But I agree with Sloth. If we'll be 3rd or 4th and we'll kick out Tottenham, this Premier league year would be OK. I hope we'll beat that red scums on tuesday! blue%20scalf.gif

The only thing is, winning Man U, which i really do hope we do, would really just be handing the title to Arsenal, and the last person i want to see cheering and holding the Premier League cup would be Arsen Wenger.

Speaking about Spurs and City, I don't think they can get away from us. Unless we get a really really bad string of results between now and the end of the season.

I think the games between us and United will really determine whether we have any chance of the title or not. If we don't beat them, it's well and truely over.

Arsenal will falter when the games come thick and fast and the buisness end comes in.

How will they cope when they have to start relying on Squallacci, Eboue, Denilson, Diaby and Bentner. They aint got that big/good a squad as they like to believe and i still dont think finishing above them is impossible, Utd even if they do lose all 3 games against the "big 4" they will still win it, Fergie will get the right results elsewhere and Arsenal will fuck silly games up like before.

You're joking right? We have been out of the title race for months. We're 15 points behind the leaders and have lost 7 games already. Forget the league title we might not make 4th.

He's not saying that we are in still in the title race. It's pretty obvious that we are out. He is saying that Man Utd are not in comfortable zone yet. Arsenal are right behind them.