Torres admits Liverpool are a bigger club

Wilson

Rumour is that Reina has a $20M buyout clause. The timing would be perfect for Fergie wouldn't it unfortunately. Reina, like Torres, was another who spoke out against H&G and wanted more talent. This shouldn't come as a surprise to Liverpool but they'll keep their heads in the stand and be "surprised, shocked, disappointed, how could he" when he leaves.

Again,i think Reina mainly has loyalty to Rafa,rather than fans that were burning his fellow spanish compatriots shirt. (Reina must have looked on in horror)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again,i think Reina mainly has loyalty to Rafa,rather than fans that were burning his fellow spanish compatriots shirt. (Reina must have looked on in horror)

I think near the end everybody, Torres and Reina, were burnt out by the H&G regime which included Rafa and his battles with H&G.

I agree, Reina seeing what fans did and said is probably wondering if they really are the greatest fans. He's now the last one left of the Spanish armada (I don't include Pacheco or Suso who don't play) that included Alonso, Arbeloa, and Torres.

Another Spaniard who was behind the scenes and was missed by Reina AND Torres: Xavi Valero who was the keeper coach. Reina credits him with much of his success and so does Torres. Torres stated he told him how different keepers played, their tendencies, and worked with Torres on beating them.

They are a bigger club.

Let 'em have the bigger club title. I'm hoping Chelsea fans aren't petty enough to get into an argument regarding the shit they spout anyway,no history etc. It's boring,let them think they're above every other club and their fans are the best.

For some reason we're above them in the Deloitte league and you can't be a small club if you're top 6 in the money league. The past 20 years we have the most trophies too. I'll say no more.

I, too, would love it if Reina left. It would mean Liverpool didn't secure a top 4 finish this season. I don’t think he fancies another EL campaign.

Speculation city here:

I don’t think it’s a big issue but it is relevant; Reina can’ be impressed by the way the club treated Torres. According to Torres, he was upfront about leaving and agreed to silence so as to not drive up Suarez’s fee. But the club then forced him to put in a transfer request late and basically cornered Torres into the villain role. Sure he can be blamed for wanting to leave but the club threw him out to the baying crowd. That’s not the club Reina and Torres joined and I wouldn’t blame Reina for reconsidering his commitment there.

They’re very close and the fact that Reina was on Spanish radio today with Torres demonstrates that Reina can’t have thought his best friend was in the wrong.

When he joined us he said he was joining one of the biggest clubs, now this? Cheers Torres! Time to forget about them and move on, PLEASE! Anyone get the idea he is 'homesick' or am I just paranoid?

He could have quite easily stayed at Liverpool, but he chose to come here! He just has to act his age and just play for us!

Soapbox

Not being from England, I really don’t get the obsession with the big club status. I understand that there are traditionally strong clubs and it’s great to recognize history. To obsess about and to be so touchy about it though smacks of a huge insecurity. It’s like old nobility protecting their status in a society which already has moved onto the modern world. Liverpool fans want everyone else to bow and scrape to them because they were once the privileged. Everyone else is lives in the 21st century and asks, “why should I defer to you? I’ve achieved things rather than reading about or remembering them.”

I support a team in basketball that dominated 30-40 years ago. So I can commiserate with Liverpool fans. But after awhile, it’s no good to keep on and on about winning 10 championships in 12 years 4 decades ago. I’m proud of my team’s history but I don’t go around telling everyone we’ve got more championships than you, so therefore your recent achievements mean less. It’s really small time behavior. The Yankees don’t do it. When they don’t win, they reload. The same with the Lakers. That’s why they’ve been so consistently successful. They celebrate being great, they don’t have time or the need to remind people how great they were in the distant past.

Every Liverpool fan bangs on about there history. Most of them are living in the past. Chelsea don't have the best history but i've supported the club ever since i was little, and i've watched them get better and better, well this maybe a bad season, but afterall this is Chelsea, we all know it won't be like this forever. Torres is only just saying the truth, but i don't see how that's against us. Liverpool have already made history, but at the moment we are making history. Liverpool just ain't got nothing to brag about at the moment, so what do you expect them to do.

Should of just shut his mouth and concentrated on training. I know its all taken out of context but we dont need this media attention when we are not in a great position at the moment

Maybe but he's in Spain right now and they're having a field day with him. Keep in mind in Spain, LFC because of the Spanish armada was a club that the Spanish media followed closely. Torres leaving LFC was a big deal to them.

Should of just shut his mouth and concentrated on training. I know its all taken out of context but we dont need this media attention when we are not in a great position at the moment

Media are Media, there job is to destroy what is known. Even though everyone knows how full of shit the Media is, still never stops people getting mistaken for stuff they havent done and words what have been twisted.

Yes they have more history then us by 13 years. They were founded in 1892 we were founded in 1905. Just because they have won more trophies then us it means nothing. It means they have a glorified history in the sense they have won more trophies but every team in the country has a different history for there own reasons. Whether it has to do with the struggles or success. Our club almost went bankrupt on several occasions and that is apart of our history and it shows how we got out of those struggles to become one of the most feared teams in the country.

We are making a successful History as we speak, they are living in the past! FACT!

The thing with Liverpool is the constant moaning and living in the past. Yes I am well aware about what they have achieved but for 20 odd years they havent won a top flight league. They are pretty shite in domestic cups to be fair and the Champions League..............well fluke, but sorry it was imo.

I had a chat with my mum and dad about Liverpool and both said in the 70's and 80's they were a well respected club and when in european finals everyone backed them and wanted them to win just for being a British Club and Yes they were huge then and had fantastic players like Souness, Hanson, Hughes, Dalgleish, Keegan etc and also has very good managers. But now thats all they live on and its irritating and no one likes them purely for that and now every bloody inccident must be mourned by the whole country like Hillsbrough and Hysell.......fuck off!!! I didnt know about the 66 Rangers Supporters that died 40 years ago at Ibrox untill this year! It's because they dont bang on about it every year.

Hello and pardon for my Englishman!!!

I am Spanish and here we are very happy because finally " the kid " has gone away, it was there already without illusion and you her have returned the desires of fight and to improve.

Here we are very angry with the scouser with a few hypocrites and ojala do not gain anything mas in the life.

They tendran mas tells the history if, and also mas arrogance, propotencia and lack of humility....

Many here in españa we will do ourselves of the chelsea thanks to the child.

A lot of luck!!!

Yes they have more history then us by 13 years. They were founded in 1892 we were founded in 1905. Just because they have won more trophies then us it means nothing. It means they have a glorified history in the sense they have won more trophies

Guess it's classier to say "history" rather than we used to be good.

I love Torres but he owes LFC fans no more explanation than he's already given, if he even owed them that. If they're too dumb, deaf, or blind to appreciate the many times he saved their bacon then whatever. I think part of the problem is he's actually a decent kid whose trying to explain. On the other hand, after the furor dies down we probably won't hear too much from him. He doesn't do a lot of interviews and anything will be speculation or words from "those close to Torres". We'll probably see articles quoting Torres for a few more weeks and the quotes probably came from Friday's press conference or his radio interview in Spain today. Lazy journalists trying to keep it going.

Andre Mariner has reported LFC bozos to the FA for throwing objects onto the pitch when there was a corner and Torres was in the box. Greatest fans? Sure....