Official: Leicester sign Bruma on loan

BlueLion.

BBC Radio Leicester have been reporting that Jeffrey Bruma will be moving to the club on a deal until the end of the season - and this has also been mentioned to me by a friend who works at their training ground. Apparently Sven is keen to sign defensive cover (they have already signed van Aanholt on loan), and he would be happy to take Bruma as soon as the loan window re-opens tomorrow.

Personally, whilst I think it would be a good move for him, I'm worried about our lack of defensive options considering Alex is out injured for an indefinite period and Patch has already left. Fair enough we have the likes of Ferreira, Bosingwa and Ivanovic for right-back, Terry, Luiz and Ivanovic for centre-back, and Luiz, Ferreira and Cole for left-back, an injury to Ivanovic or Luiz for instance means we are struggling for cover.

Of course this is not yet confirmed but Sven has confirmed he will at least try to bring Bruma to the club.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is very clever from the club, get an understanding with Van Aanholt (who has been a hit at the walkers) as i can see a big future for both.

Leicester are on the way up and if they can help them get into the play off or more that will only boost their confidence ten fold.

the reserve team set up with regard to fixtures is so useless ..players must go out on loan ....at one time there were competetive reserve leagues

with 42 fixtures ...clubs could develop young players in the style the club wanted ...better than the current squad system and sitting on the bench.

Edited by zolayes

A loan move is always good for youngsters to develope. Bruma and Bamba at the back, good for Leicester. Bamba is a great CB as I've watched him for 3 years in SPL. I think Bruma could learn from him as Bamba is quite a young CB. Plus he'd be playing with Van Aanholt (hopefully) and that would boost their chemistry more.

As long as he gets first team football it's good...

We did fail horribly with our youth this season...in terms of actually promoting them to the 1st team but there's always next season when 90% of Chelsea fans can say Chalobah is the future of English football...