Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Guest justin_3d

My point is that we have a high quality squad, one that has just won the double and one that has been consistently successful for the past 5-6 years and yet under Ancelotti this is the type of season we get? Yes he won the double last season (though doubters will say we only won the league by a point over a very average Man Utd side) but we had an awful European campaign and we have had another awful European campaign this season, last season Ancelotti's saving grace was the Premier League, this season we we have been poor, there is no 2 ways about it and with the kind of resources that Abramovich has invested in this squad, with the players he has available to him and with the deflating manner which some of our most vital defeats have occured (Sunderland, Arsenal, 3 times against Man Utd) then I think sacking him would be absolutely justified.

What I've read on here since the defeat is change, that everyone wants change to the squad in the Summer and so do I but the absolute worst thing that can happen is if we keep Ancelotti, he brings in his own players, we have another season like this one, then he is sacked, we get a new coach who then has to work with a group of players who are not his own, thats exactly what we dont need. When Mourinho came in he was allowed to bring in his own players and it worked. We must allow whatever manager we want to bring in to do the same and that means we cant waste time, we cant risk having another dud season like this one, if we plan on big changes tot he squad in the Summer then the board must make sure we have a manager in place who they see leading us long term and I dont think anybody is convinced that that is Carlo Ancelotti.

We bought Ramires, David Luiz, and Torres. And according to a lot, those are not Carlo buys.

So what makes you think Carlo will buy players of his style???

Since it's apparent that the club is calling all the shots.

Carlo is still a good coach, and there is no one out there better then him.

We had a good season last season, and finishing second is not bad.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McEachran stepped to first team this season, Rafael and Fabio started playing for Utd in 2008.

When has McEachran stepped into the first team? He has started a few games and none of them in the Premier League (I think Im right in saying). Now he cant even get a spot on the bench. Rafael and Fabio were given far more opportunities much sooner once they were available.

Carlo is doing right in taking them slowly.

Slowly??

Remember the last season where kakuta had two starts . In one of them he was the best player on the pitch. but just 2 starts??? Why he let him hibernate ? This is youth development?

We had the best bunch of youth who won the only youth tournamnt of the country. How many of them got a single minute? Sturridge was the highest scorer in FA cup. still Kalou got the favor.

I am for Carlo to stay , at least for another year. But honestly speaking I dont know whether he is the right person to rebuild the squad

Guest justin_3d

There's taking it slowly and then there is this. Look at Wilshere, he starts week in, week out for Arsenal. Im not saying lets start McEachran in every game but lets gradually introduce him, Ferguson plays Gibson in competitive games (and has done for a couple of seasons) lets gradually introduce McEachran in the same way Ferguson introduced Gibson. Its no good giving him the od 15 minutes when a game is won, he wont learn anything from that. What about Sturridge, he has shined at Bolton, he looks a very special player and exactly what we were missing today (speed out wide) but instead he was sent out on loan because he couldn't get ahead of Anelka and Kalou in the pecking order, thats shocking. Kakuta hasn't been given a chance at all either, forget slowly introducing him into the line up the lad hasn't been given a chance.

We let got Sturridge on loan cause we got Torres.

Do you think he was going to make it ahead of Torres, Drogba and Anelka???

Certainly not!

He will have to wait till the summer, if Anelka leaves, he will have his chance.

Again, is better taking it slow, cause they are in lower pecking order then Ramires, David Luiz, and Torres. And they have had hard times to get settle in the team. Even less players like Josh, Kakuta and Sturridge. It takes time.

I changed my mind after this one.He has to go and he will.dry.gif

Some players did fail today,but we played bad the hole season.Even against Spurs last week we struggled,we are so slow and seems like the players aren't interested at all.So,it is almost the same team(if not even better) than last season,but we end up without a trophy.Roman will fire him in 2 weeks.

Picking the right man for this job will be extremely important for our future.smile.gif

Guest justin_3d

Slowly??

Remember the last season where kakuta had two starts . In one of them he was the best player on the pitch. but just 2 starts??? Why he let him hibernate ? This is youth development?

We had the best bunch of youth who won the only youth tournamnt of the country. How many of them got a single minute? Sturridge was the highest scorer in FA cup. still Kalou got the favor.

I am for Carlo to stay , at least for another year. But honestly speaking I dont know whether he is the right person to rebuild the squad

And how Kakuta does at Fulham???

If he is not good to start there, why would he be good to start here???

He needs time.

My thoughts exactly.

We bought Ramires, David Luiz, and Torres. And according to a lot, those are not Carlo buys.

So what makes you think Carlo will buy players of his style???

Since it's apparent that the club is calling all the shots.

Carlo is still a good coach, and there is no one out there better then him.

We had a good season last season, and finishing second is not bad.

I think most people will agree that Ramires and Luiz are very much Ancelotti buys, Torres perhaps not so much but Luiz and Ramires, certainly.

Because he is the coach? If Carlo Ancelotti is coaching a team then Id be pretty confident Carlo Ancelotti will buy players that Carlo Ancelotti rates, not ones that Hiddink rates or Mourinho rates.

How do we know there isn't anyone better than him? If Mourinho is available in the Summer (very much possible given whats transpired at Madrid) then he is a better option, perhaps we can pursue Hiddink, I think he is a better option, Andre Villas Boas could turn out to be a better option.

Finishing second, losing out in the Champions League quater final and the way we have lost such bigg ames this season is the reason that Ancelotti's future is under such scrutiny.

He needs time.

Fulham, a side who were involved in a relegation battle for a while so were hardly likely to trust young players.

When has McEachran stepped into the first team? He has started a few games and none of them in the Premier League (I think Im right in saying). Now he cant even get a spot on the bench. Rafael and Fabio were given far more opportunities much sooner once they were available.

Josh was called this season to play for the first team. Rafael started playing for Man Utd in 08-09. Josh 10-11.

Rafael had times when he couldn't got a spot on the bench too.

He needs time.

I am talking about 2009-2010 season. When he was on fire and when his confidence was high. He never got 3rd chance where as he perfectly utilized his first two chances.

He needs time.

He's doing well, and he's good to start for them.

We let got Sturridge on loan cause we got Torres.

Do you think he was going to make it ahead of Torres, Drogba and Anelka???

Certainly not!

He will have to wait till the summer, if Anelka leaves, he will have his chance.

Again, is better taking it slow, cause they are in lower pecking order then Ramires, David Luiz, and Torres. And they have had hard times to get settle in the team. Even less players like Josh, Kakuta and Sturridge. It takes time.

Yes, absoltuely he should have made it ahead of Anelka, he should have made it ahead of Malouda and he certainly should have made it ahead of Kalou. Take a look at him playing for Bolton and then tell me he needs time, he doesn't need anymore time, his time is now.

Im not saying lets put them straight into the first 11 week in week out, what i am saying is that they haven't been blooded into the side in a way that they should have been, Im saying that they lack the experience to step in and do a job when called upon in the starting 11 precisely because we haven't allowed them to gain that experience.

youth development and carlo ancelotti are two different things. He never did at Juventus , he never did at milan. I dont see any reason why he would do that at chelsea.

Slowly??

They won the cup, and we were in final two years before, but step from reserves/u18s is quite big.

Josh was called this season to play for the first team. Rafael started playing for Man Utd in 08-09. Josh 10-11.

Rafael had times when he couldn't got a spot on the bench too.

Rafael appeared 16 times during that season for Man Utd. Josh McEachran has appeared 7 times for us this season and of those appearances, how many of them were starts in competitive games? Thats the difference that needs addressing.

Today was really poor from Carlo, I have to admit. The players didn't look like they had a clue about what was expected of them. They weren't looking motivated, how strange considering the magnitude of the game. Lampard and Essien continue to get picked regardless of their form. Then he makes it worse by making a scapegoat out of Luiz.

Guest justin_3d

I think most people will agree that Ramires and Luiz are very much Ancelotti buys, Torres perhaps not so much but Luiz and Ramires, certainly.

Because he is the coach? If Carlo Ancelotti is coaching a team then Id be pretty confident Carlo Ancelotti will buy players that Carlo Ancelotti rates, not ones that Hiddink rates or Mourinho rates.

How do we know there isn't anyone better than him? If Mourinho is available in the Summer (very much possible given whats transpired at Madrid) then he is a better option, perhaps we can pursue Hiddink, I think he is a better option, Andre Villas Boas could turn out to be a better option.

Finishing second, losing out in the Champions League quater final and the way we have lost such bigg ames this season is the reason that Ancelotti's future is under such scrutiny.

Fulham, a side who were involved in a relegation battle for a while so were hardly likely to trust young players.

So if Ramires and David Luiz are Carlo buy, then why the hell you don't want this man buying more players???

Seriously think about that.

Having Mourinho back??? Why would Roman want that?

Roman sack him for a reason, and he is not about to bow them to him again.

Hiddink if you have not learned, said he does not want to coach a club any more. Pointless in discussing that when the man said that.

And Villa-Boas...i give you that, but the man has to prove himself next season. He will play the CL with Porto, and maybe then we can judge.