Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

That was pathetic today, really awful. I just dont understand how on a day like today, for a game which we have had so long to prepare for and think about with such importance that we end up looking as disjointed as that. For the first goal the ball breaks through our midfield so easily, how does Park get that amount of time and space in that position to pick a pass, why does Terry think we are playing offside but Luiz think we are tracking the runners? All of that comes to orginisation and structure and that is what the coach of a team is reponsible for. How was our passing so poor? Slow, sloppy, plodding, predictable, it was dreadful.

In such a big game it really says a lot that Salomon Kalou is in the starting 11, if thats the best we can muster up then there really are problems. What in the world has happened to Michael Essien, formeyl regarded as the best all round midfielder on the planet, the man seems to have lost his speed, strenght and general footballing ability, Lampard's legs look like they are slowly going. I thought it was pathetic how Ancelotti scapegoated Luiz, he was hardly spectacular but I thought there were worse players in blue today than him, he looked confused with what our defence were trying to do as did the rest of the defence. Cole was poor, Malouda was poor, Im trying to pick out positive Chelsea performances but I cant find anymore than Cech, Ramires and Alex, irnonically the latter 2 only playing for 45 minutes.

Its the straw that broke the camels back, two times under Ancelotti we have faield to reach the Champions League semi final which used to be a given in the recent past, tactically it all looks so average, he hasn't made the changes to the side that were required, its been business as usual and just as his AC Milan side faded out with old age and became a parody of their former selves, we are in danger of doing exactly the same, no game could have highlighted that more than todays. Todays performance on top of our performance over the course of the season is unacceptable, not only will we finish trophyless but the manner in which we have lost out on trophies has been incredibly disappointing and frustrating. Big changes are needed in the Summer and that starts first and foremost with the changing of the manager.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was pathetic today, really awful. I just dont understand how on a day like today, for a game which we have had so long to prepare for and think about with such importance that we end up looking as disjointed as that. For the first goal the ball breaks through our midfield so easily, how does Park get that amount of time and space in that position to pick a pass, why does Terry think we are playing offside but Luiz think we are tracking the runners? All of that comes to orginisation and structure and that is what the coach of a team is reponsible for. How was our passing so poor? Slow, sloppy, plodding, predictable, it was dreadful.

In such a big game it really says a lot that Salomon Kalou is in the starting 11, if thats the best we can muster up then there really are problems. What in the world has happened to Michael Essien, formeyl regarded as the best all round midfielder on the planet, the man seems to have lost his speed, strenght and general footballing ability, Lampard's legs look like they are slowly going. I thought it was pathetic how Ancelotti scapegoated Luiz, he was hardly spectacular but I thought there were worse players in blue today than him, he looked confused with what our defence were trying to do as did the rest of the defence. Cole was poor, Malouda was poor, Im trying to pick out positive Chelsea performances but I cant find anymore than Cech, Ramires and Alex, irnonically the latter 2 only playing for 45 minutes.

Its the straw that broke the camels back, two times under Ancelotti we have faield to reach the Champions League semi final which used to be a given in the recent past, tactically it all looks so average, he hasn't made the changes to the side that were required, its been business as usual and just as his AC Milan side faded out with old age and became a parody of their former selves, we are in danger of doing exactly the same, no game could have highlighted that more than todays. Todays performance on top of our performance over the course of the season is unacceptable, not only will we finish trophyless but the manner in which we have lost out on trophies has been incredibly disappointing and frustrating. Big changes are needed in the Summer and that starts first and foremost with the changing of the manager.

:goodpost:

Agree. Good post -it seems that having Man Utd beat us twice in as many weeks, nothing was learned, and if you dont learn from your mistakes...

I beleive there is the potential and quality out there which is a cut above the United players, but tactically things were amiss big time.

Guest justin_3d

I hope Roman does not think like most fans here!

Roman should know that we need badly right now is new players, and not new coach.

Agree. Good post -it seems that having Man Utd beat us twice in as many weeks, nothing was learned, and if you dont learn from your mistakes...

I beleive there is the potential and quality out there which is a cut above the United players, but tactically things were amiss big time.

Precisely.

It seems like Ancelotti has not learnt any lesson...

Guest justin_3d

We should be in awe of the United scouting department.

To find someone like Hernandez before he shone at the World Cup is sensational. We must learn from them!

Stability!

Their coach knows what to look for. And knows what he wants.

While we keep firing coaches, and only go for expensive players!

Spot on, I mean Ferguson has beaten Ancelotti 3 times in a row in recent weeks, for a top club and a supposedly top manager thats unacceptable.

Precisely.

It seems like Ancelotti has not learnt any lesson...

Not saying he should be sacked -some of th errors are down to players, and lets be fair it was always going to be tough there.

Also those calling for Ancellottis head -cant see anyone out there to take his place :(

Stability!

Ancelotti only pick a talent like Kaka, Pato. He will never nurture an above average talent and make them world beater.

Guest justin_3d

Spot on, I mean Ferguson has beaten Ancelotti 3 times in a row in recent weeks, for a top club and a supposedly top manager thats unacceptable.

And SAF has had worse season then Chelsea had this season. Yet he still stayed in the team, and still is a top manager.

So what's your point???

Stability!

I dont agree, we have unearthed a few gems in recent times, Sturridge and Kakuta being two low key buys by the club who could be big hits but neither have been given a proper opportunity, its still a bit perplexing that Kalou is ahead of Sturridge in the pecking order and Im not even mentioning Josh McEachran who also hasn't really gotten an opportunity this season either. When you see Ferguson throw in the likes of Rafael and Fabio, Smalling ect. into the first team from a young age so that they have the experienced required to do a job when called upon, I never understand why we dont do it with our youngsters who are just as good, if not better, than Man Utd's. You can bet if McEachran were at Man Utd or Arsenal he would have a good amount of first team experience, why not gradually introduce our young players into the starting 11 in the same way so that we wont have to splash out huge sums of money.

Ancelotti only pick a talent like Kaka, Pato. He will never nurture an above average talent and make them world beater.

Even those were forced on him because they were extraordinary talents.

We should be in awe of the United scouting department.

To find someone like Hernandez before he shone at the World Cup is sensational. We must learn from them!

Good point, Ferguson isn't the only thing making them great.

Guest justin_3d

I dont agree, we have unearthed a few gems in recent times, Sturridge and Kakuta being two low key buys by the club who could be big hits but neither have been given a proper opportunity, its still a bit perplexing that Kalou is ahead of Sturridge in the pecking order and Im not even mentioning Josh McEachran who also hasn't really gotten an opportunity this season either. When you see Ferguson throw in the likes of Rafael and Fabio, Smalling ect. into the first team from a young age so that they have the experienced required to do a job when called upon, I never understand why we dont do it with our youngsters who are just as good, if not better, than Man Utd's. You can bet if McEachran were at Man Utd or Arsenal he would have a good amount of first team experience, why not gradually introduce our young players into the starting 11 in the same way so that we wont have to splash out huge sums of money.

And they would make mistakes like David Luiz today. And David Luiz is way ahead of them.

You take your time with these youngsters, cause it will hinder them.

Carlo is doing right in taking them slowly.

And SAF has had worse season then Chelsea had this season. Yet he still stayed in the team, and still is a top manager.

So what's your point???

My point is that we have a high quality squad, one that has just won the double and one that has been consistently successful for the past 5-6 years and yet under Ancelotti this is the type of season we get? Yes he won the double last season (though doubters will say we only won the league by a point over a very average Man Utd side) but we had an awful European campaign and we have had another awful European campaign this season, last season Ancelotti's saving grace was the Premier League, this season we we have been poor, there is no 2 ways about it and with the kind of resources that Abramovich has invested in this squad, with the players he has available to him and with the deflating manner which some of our most vital defeats have occured (Sunderland, Arsenal, 3 times against Man Utd) then I think sacking him would be absolutely justified.

What I've read on here since the defeat is change, that everyone wants change to the squad in the Summer and so do I but the absolute worst thing that can happen is if we keep Ancelotti, he brings in his own players, we have another season like this one, then he is sacked, we get a new coach who then has to work with a group of players who are not his own, thats exactly what we dont need. When Mourinho came in he was allowed to bring in his own players and it worked. We must allow whatever manager we want to bring in to do the same and that means we cant waste time, we cant risk having another dud season like this one, if we plan on big changes tot he squad in the Summer then the board must make sure we have a manager in place who they see leading us long term and I dont think anybody is convinced that that is Carlo Ancelotti.

McEachran stepped to first team this season, Rafael and Fabio started playing for Utd in 2008.

And they would make mistakes like David Luiz today. And David Luiz is way ahead of them.

You take your time with these youngsters, cause it will hinder them.

Carlo is doing right in taking them slowly.

There's taking it slowly and then there is this. Look at Wilshere, he starts week in, week out for Arsenal. Im not saying lets start McEachran in every game but lets gradually introduce him, Ferguson plays Gibson in competitive games (and has done for a couple of seasons) lets gradually introduce McEachran in the same way Ferguson introduced Gibson. Its no good giving him the od 15 minutes when a game is won, he wont learn anything from that. What about Sturridge, he has shined at Bolton, he looks a very special player and exactly what we were missing today (speed out wide) but instead he was sent out on loan because he couldn't get ahead of Anelka and Kalou in the pecking order, thats shocking. Kakuta hasn't been given a chance at all either, forget slowly introducing him into the line up the lad hasn't been given a chance.