Break even.

spuz

So let me get this right.

The plan was to cut the wage bill and develop younger players in our squad. In a bid to try and break even and self sufficient.

Then we are apparently in for Pienaar £3m, Luiz £25m plus a young player/players that we're supposed to be developing, and now Torres at £40m plus astronomical wages.

And this is only in the January window. £70m plus wages,when only in the summer gone we were claiming to be giving youngsters a chance and trying to break even.

This club sure does send out confusing signals. I think we knew full well that the Luiz deal was never going to happen so out of nowhere comes a massive bid for Torres to try and soften the blow and kid fans into believing we're spending big.

Deep down I think Roman/Gourlay or whoever know full well that Torres won't be moving for £35-£40m especially in the last few days of January.

And deep down we all knew full well that the Luiz deal was doomed and we all know full well he'll be at Man city or Madrid in the summer.

Oh and not that it matters much, but as soon as Redknapp claimed that Pienaar was coming to us we all knew full well he was off to Spurs.

Did anyone honestly think we'll be getting Torres and Luiz within the space of a few days at the end of January?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was all easy to sign players back then, because Roman gave us so much money! Nowadays, we're not as strong financially, and we don't have the club magnetism as Manchester City have, and I think that's why we're struggled to sign top players.

Either that, or we have a bunch of cuntish individuals running our club that don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to negotiating a deal... and it isn't as if Ancelotti is involved in all of it either, he just expresses his opinion to the media from time to time, and says he's interested in certain individuals, but he never actually does anything.

Sadly, this cuntish behaviour by our board could prove the saviour of our club if we're trying to break even by 2013, so we can abide by UEFA's new money policy.

Edited by CJ Revo

So let me get this right.

The plan was to cut the wage bill and develop younger players in our squad. In a bid to try and break even and self sufficient.

Then we are apparently in for Pienaar £3m, Luiz £25m plus a young player/players that we're supposed to be developing, and now Torres at £40m plus astronomical wages.

And this is only in the January window. £70m plus wages,when only in the summer gone we were claiming to be giving youngsters a chance and trying to break even.

This club sure does send out confusing signals. I think we knew full well that the Luiz deal was never going to happen so out of nowhere comes a massive bid for Torres to try and soften the blow and kid fans into believing we're spending big.

Top post.

We were going to introduce the youth in the beginning of the season, so now let's trust them rather than demoralizing them by going after guys like Luiz/Torres/Aguero. I'm all for squad players like Pienaar because they will complement both the youth and our established first teamers.

Ok, now we are happy, but Wenger is absolutly right. 75 millions in two player was just insane. If we get banned in next years people will say "it was just stupid to pay that money in both players".

I hope the board does know what they are doing, but I cant see we breaking even before Platinis music start to play.

Ok, now we are happy, but Wenger is absolutly right. 75 millions in two player was just insane. If we get banned in next years people will say "it was just stupid to pay that money in both players".

I hope the board does know what they are doing, but I cant see we breaking even before Platinis music start to play.

The board are not drunken idiots, they are well aware.