Everton 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fully aware that Nico Anelka loves the ball, loves playing with it etc...but how many times will he stop our attacks over and over and over again?! It is so useless, him on the half-line with his tricks.

I honestly believe Chelsea are being edged out here by Everton. I think the home side have had much the better chances, and I also think Tim Howard is hard to beat at the moment.

Generally however, I feel it's our midfiel that's not functioning properly. Essien got muscled out of a challenge which hardly ever gets seen!! :mouthclosed:

I am fully aware that Nico Anelka loves the ball, loves playing with it etc...but how many times will he stop our attacks over and over and over again?! It is so useless, him on the half-line with his tricks.

Exactly my thoughts. I was like "OH! COME ON! WE HAVE FEW UP FRONT!" and than Anelka started his don't-know-what and another play was down to point zero.

Exactly my thoughts. I was like "OH! COME ON! WE HAVE FEW UP FRONT!" and than Anelka started his don't-know-what and another play was down to point zero.

Week in, week out. Unfortunately. What is more sad that he is among the fastest players in our squad. Waste.

Again poor, poor first half. I think it's official now, we can't create chances from build-up play anymore. We just pass the ball around with no imagination, no idea. It's so sad to see. We've become so static. We were always pretty static but now it's ridiculous. Our players up front just stand still except for Anelka who seems up for it these last three games or so. The concept of possession/build-up play is move, receive, pass. What we do is, stand still and pass. You won't get anywhere playing like that and even a League One side can defend against that. We only seem to be dangerous on the break but even on the break you spot our lack of real pace which messes up those opportunities too.

We've been like this since October yet the club's main target this transferwindow was a CB. I couldn't believe it, still can't believe it. We need (effective) movement (and players who can go past men) up front and pure playmaker in the middle. Only then will the 4-3-3 formation work.

The best thing to do now would be to bring Josh in centre midfield, not defensive midfield, and take off Malouda (who has poor for months) for Kalou since Sturridge isn't on the bench.

Haven't really enjoyed a Chelsea game since September I think sad.gif.

Again poor, poor first half. I think it's official now, we can't create chances from build-up play anymore. We just pass the ball around with no imagination, no idea. It's so sad to see. We've become so static. We were always pretty static but now it's ridiculous. Our players up front just stand still except for Anelka who seems up for it these last three games or so. The concept of possession/build-up play is move, receive, pass. What we do is, stand still and pass. You won't get anywhere playing like that and even a League One side can defend against that. We only seem to be dangerous on the break but even on the break you spot our lack of real pace which messes up those opportunities too.

We've been like this since October yet the club's main target this transferwindow was a CB. I couldn't believe it, still can't believe it. We need (effective) movement (and players who can go past men) up front and pure playmaker in the middle. Only then will the 4-3-3 formation work.

The best thing to do now would be to bring Josh in centre midfield, not defensive midfield, and take off Malouda (who has poor for months) for Kalou since Sturridge isn't on the bench.

Haven't really enjoyed a Chelsea game since September sad.gif.

I've had exactly the same thought as this, and quite frankly, it's getting old!!