Andrey Arshavin

chrismada9

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I get that. But remember, Ballack was a free transfer really and Carvalho was bought at his peak, straight from Porto with Mourinho so he knew exactly how to use him. With Arshavin he'll come into a new team with a new manager with a hefty price tag too. Arsenal paid something like £20million, I'm sure they'll ask for a similar figure, so I don't see it happening to be honest.

Ballack was a top free transfer. The only problem we had with him, was putting him in the same midfield as Lampard. Similarity of the two bothered us a hell of a lot, but as he got older, he got much better and more experienced as a player, and... more importantly, he loved being at the club.

As for Carvalho, we got him immediately after he had a great Euro 2004, and at 26 years of age, I wouldn't say he was at a peak year.

I see what you mean about Arshavin possibly coming to a club that's a lot different than what he's used to, but if you can imagine Arshavin coming to Arsenal first off and feeling exactly the same... yet he did rather well for them to start off with. It's all about team bonding at the end of the day.

Edited by CJ Revo

I see what you mean about Arshavin possibly coming to a club that's a lot different than what he's used to, but if you can imagine Arshavin coming to Arsenal first off and feeling exactly the same... yet he did rather well for them to start off with. It's all about team bonding at the end of the day.

Yeah agree with that, especially that last part. I'm sure having Zhirkov in the team would help him adapt too, mixed with Brana too. Might not be a bad transfer where it to ever happen. He's very versatile in where he can play, from attacking mid to right winger, I think he's left footed though - Lord knows we've got many of those!

Yeah agree with that, especially that last part. I'm sure having Zhirkov in the team would help him adapt too, mixed with Brana too. Might not be a bad transfer where it to ever happen. He's very versatile in where he can play, from attacking mid to right winger, I think he's left footed though - Lord knows we've got many of those!

Zhirkov would make Arshavin feel at home, no doubt about that, and not forgetting the presence of Abramovich of course. If only Zhirkov was at a level where he was playing well for us. But Brano would be an excellent person to hang around with, since they've both experienced the Russian league.

Edited by CJ Revo

I can't stand the ugly little Russian meerkat. The way he sticks his tongue out after scoring annoys me. Theres not many players I don't want to sign for us out of a hatred but he's one along with Fabregas,Gerrard,Barton,Tevez and a few more.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You