Pienaar reveals why he didn't join Chelsea

Wilson

Bitter much? laugh.gif

Yes, very bitter, because it seems he is yet another player motivated by money.That is something that disappoints me greatly with the modern footballer - it is no longer a case of loyalty to clubs (those days have long gone, even 'loyal' players like John Terry need £30,0000-a-week wage increases as incentives to stay), or even about ambition - nowadays people just want the most money. It doesn't matter if its Barcelona or Blackburn, people will go where the money is.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Terry got a pay rise to stay, nobody said he is motivated by money...but when Piennar sign for Spurs, where he will have more play time, will be more important for the team, and where he is sure the manager want his services you guys say he is motivated by money...:whistling:

Are we really that bitter? About Pienaar?!

The man could have 100 of reasons for joining Tottenham and labeling him as a money-grabbing whore is a low Chelsea supporters shouldn't reach.

It reminds me the Neymar thread when he decided to sign a new contract with Santos FC :whistling:

Co-fucking-sign

Thought id throw this into the mixer, a rumour ive read reckons we were never in for him, our name has been used to bump the price up just like when agents say we are interested when negotiating a new deal for their client, where has it said that pienaar rejected us in his own words? when he signed for them and commented he never mentioned us at all, surely a new spud would like to mention that he rejected us for them to get the fans onside early? harry redknapp said he thought something wasnt quite right when talking about our apparent interest and that he wouldnt say what he thought it was, the media latched onto that and spun it as redknapp thinks carlos getting sacked, when he may of actually meant everton are using our name to drive the price up, he mentioned enough times about the price being high and that spurs wouldnt do business at that price, personally reading between the lines I think that everton tryed pulling a fast one to get more money, at first it was an unnamed club have had a bid accepted then moyes said it was us, me thinks a bartering chip was played, whereas the chairman of udinese has said publically that we are in for sanchez and have discussed a move and by making it public has given us a clear price to get close to if we want him 30m euros.

Thought id throw this into the mixer, a rumour ive read reckons we were never in for him, our name has been used to bump the price up just like when agents say we are interested when negotiating a new deal for their client, where has it said that pienaar rejected us in his own words? when he signed for them and commented he never mentioned us at all, surely a new spud would like to mention that he rejected us for them to get the fans onside early? harry redknapp said he thought something wasnt quite right when talking about our apparent interest and that he wouldnt say what he thought it was, the media latched onto that and spun it as redknapp thinks carlos getting sacked, when he may of actually meant everton are using our name to drive the price up, he mentioned enough times about the price being high and that spurs wouldnt do business at that price, personally reading between the lines I think that everton tryed pulling a fast one to get more money, at first it was an unnamed club have had a bid accepted then moyes said it was us, me thinks a bartering chip was played, whereas the chairman of udinese has said publically that we are in for sanchez and have discussed a move and by making it public has given us a clear price to get close to if we want him 30m euros.

I'm all up for that theory but the link ack17 provided throws it out of the window.

I'm all up for that theory but the link ack17 provided throws it out of the window.

Its not much of a leap of faith to assume that the whole club went along with it, as they would if it meant more money from a transfer potentially, maybe im stretching now though lol, dunno seems abit fishy to me why didnt the club put something up on the website (our end) about having talks about a potential transfer, why didnt carlo say we have had a bid accepted, even if he were being marginalised the club would keep him a breast of things so that it didnt look like we were doing things without his knowledge, absolutely nothing linking us to pienaar besides that lone webpage which was taken from moyes post game interview.

[...]absolutely nothing linking us to pienaarbesides that lone webpage which was taken from moyes post game interview.
I admit that I didn't notice that, however I'm still doubtfull about this as club websites is the only source I've come to trust 100%.
dunno seems abit fishy to me why didnt the club put something up on the website (our end) about having talks about a potential transfer,
Our website hasn't had a word on unfinished deals since the Robinho fiasco and afaik other clubs rarely share such stuff (Santos was an exception and even Begovic was confirmed some days after the bid was rejected).
why didnt carlo say we have had a bid accepted, even if he were being marginalised the club would keep him a breast of things so that it didnt look like we were doing things without his knowledge
Ancelotti rarely comments on or confirms transfer rumors, he's been fairly consistent about that so I doubt he'd make an exception for Pienaar.

Who the hell signs our players and makes the decisions. Carlo clearly came out and said he did out need Steven so who wanted him at the club. When mourinho was here there were certain players we signed that he did not like. Bosingwa was signed when we had no manager at all, i just want know !

IS ROMAN PLAYING REAL LIFE FOOTBALL MANAGER ?

IS ROMAN PLAYING REAL LIFE FOOTBALL MANAGER ?

Seems like it doesn't it. This really is worrying though, if this is the kind of sh*t our board is pulling, I don't see Carlo staying beyond the summer - Which would be a huge shame!

Seems like it doesn't it. This really is worrying though, if this is the kind of sh*t our board is pulling, I don't see Carlo staying beyond the summer - Which would be a huge shame!

Why can't we just give our managers full control of transfers, after all its their opinions that count because its THEIR JOBS THAT ARE ON THE LINE. No top manager will ever come to us if we fuck carlo over and he leaves, why would you join a club just to pick a side and get bashed by the papers when you lose when most probably you did not even sign the fucking players. Carlo said and i quote "Pienaar is a good player and we know him very well, but this doesn't mean we need to have him play here.

SO WHO THE FUCK PUT THE BID IN ? ROMANS FUCKING ACCOUNTANT ?

He accepted starting the season with 16 senior outfield players and a bunch of kids he wouldn't trust to clean his house, it doesn't get much worse than that for him. He's not going anywhere by his own will.

Why can't we just give our managers full control of transfers, after all its their opinions that count because its THEIR JOBS THAT ARE ON THE LINE.

Not really. If that was true Ancelotti would have been sacked in December and rightly so. With coaches having less power than coaches-managers they usually get less credit & blame than the old-style managers.**
SO WHO THE FUCK PUT THE BID IN ? ROMANS FUCKING ACCOUNTANT ?
In the past you could argue it was Arnesen or Kenyon, with them gone or about to go there's only Buck, Gourlay, Forde and the king himself left to blame.

However I'd rather not point any fingers due to the many doubts about that one bid. We've got bigger sticks to hit them with.

Edit: *As a matter of fact, almost a month in our "bad moment" Frank Arnesen's plans to "seek new challenges" were revealed. Few dared to say a bad word about Ancelotti back then and it was our Sporting Director who was axed.

Edited by Kostas

Ancelotti said that he never met Pienaar in his life and that we never "searched" for him.

Gives abit of weight to the theory our name being used to drive the fees up, as redknapp said 'carlo is as honest as the day is long' wouldnt be the first time we have been used as a pawn in anothers game of chess.

Gives abit of weight to the theory our name being used to drive the fees up, as redknapp said 'carlo is as honest as the day is long' wouldnt be the first time we have been used as a pawn in anothers game of chess.

Yup,thought we'd run out of fashion with City but instead now we're used for low-profile moves. Funny how it took a few days to spawn 12 pages about a player that we were never interested, and never should have been considering in the first place.

Ancelotti said that he never met Pienaar in his life and that we never "searched" for him.

'You have to ask Pienaar, not me. I didn't speak with him. I never met in my life Steven Pienaar.

'I didn't search Steven Pienaar to come here to play for Chelsea. We don't need a midfielder, we don't need to have these kind of players.'

This worries me. It's clear the club have gone behind Ancelotti's back to try and sign Pienaar. Worrying times, very worrying..