Pienaar reveals why he didn't join Chelsea

Wilson

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Tottenham signing Steven Pienaar has claimed it was the club's attractive football that persuaded him to sign for them ahead of Premier League champions Chelsea.

"The style of football is really important," Pienaar said. "I played with Rafa at Ajax and we played attacking football and I want to be in a team that plays attacking football that is exciting for the supporters to watch.

"There is a lot of creativity in this Spurs team and a lot of goals in the side. Everyone can score from all over the team so that is important, but also we have to make sure we don't concede."

From Soccernet.

New Tottenham signing Steven Pienaar has claimed it was the club's attractive football that persuaded him to sign for them ahead of Premier League champions Chelsea.

"The style of football is really important," Pienaar said. "I played with Rafa at Ajax and we played attacking football and I want to be in a team that plays attacking football that is exciting for the supporters to watch.

"There is a lot of creativity in this Spurs team and a lot of goals in the side. Everyone can score from all over the team so that is important, but also we have to make sure we don't concede."

From Soccernet.

Not one mention about snubbing us for spurs in that article yet look at their headline

This worries me. It's clear the club have gone behind Ancelotti's back to try and sign Pienaar. Worrying times, very worrying..

As far as I'm concerned that's a tad too much of a conspiracy theory for me to accept.

And we have to keep in mind that Ancelotti is too much of a ...diplomat to suggest something like that on his press conference.

As far as I'm concerned that's a tad too much of a conspiracy theory for me to accept.

And we have to keep in mind that Ancelotti is too much of a ...diplomat to suggest something like that on his press conference.

True, perhaps that suggestion was a bit extreme. It does looks the case, though, that Ancelotti did not want Pienaar but the club proceeded with making a bid for him. This may be a 1-off though because this is the first case we've heard. He has said before "we" are looking for a centre back and the Luiz bid demonstrates this.

Then again, this could be the media storm which constantly talks of Ancelotti under the pressure of the sack playing in my mind.

Ancelotti claims he made no contact with Pienaar and he never wanted to sign him. Although Carlo said we don't need a midfielder, I highly disagree. We need an attacking midfielder and it proved that when Lampard and Benayoun were out.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6685332,00.html

Ancelotti is a liar. He lied all the time in Italy. Just remember he always said to italian press that he never met Abramovich, just to release a book where he told the history about meeting Roman almost one year before, and few days before joining us he asserted that he was going to stay as AC Milan's head coach, when everybody in the world knew that he was going to be Chelsea´s next manager.

So yes, he knew that we were searching for Piennar and we do an offer for him.

Ancelotti is a liar. He lied all the time in Italy. Just remember he always said to italian press that he never met Abramovich, just to release a book where he told the history about meeting Roman almost one year before, and few days before joining us he asserted that he was going to stay as AC Milan's head coach, when everybody in the world knew that he was going to be Chelsea´s next manager.

So yes, he knew that we were searching for Piennar and we do an offer for him.

Of course he's a liar. But in this case there are plenty things pointing to that direction.

We should all know by now that things have been done behind managers backs EG Mourhino with Ballack and Shitchenko

I'd like to believe things have changed. But even if they haven't there's a huge difference between taking the risk and signing players like Ballack and Sheva practically overruling the manger in power and signing second-fiddle players like Pienaar.

"Pien-arse" is what I'm going to call him in future. He didn't want to be an average player... well that's because he is one. Players who demand too much don't deserve to wear a Chelsea shirt IMO. If you're going to wear the shirt, do so with pride, not with pockets.

He'll rot at Spurs anyway. They don't even need a player like him.

He's better than Benayoun, not much of a complement though.

Will you please shut the fuck up about Benayoun, he's hardly got a chance, from what we saw from him he looked alright actually, and isn't go to progress much with idiot fans derailing him the whole time. Your trying to turn the forum into a Benayoun bash zone like you did with Kalou.

Agreed, I'm getting sick of the consistent deriding of Benayoun. I think all this hatred towards him probably stems from the fact he is Jewish.... we unfortunately have some very close-minded people who think like that on here.The irony is the only man to take us to a UCL Final is a Jew, and the man who is our owner, and turned us into the most successful club of the mid/late-2000s is Jewish also.

Agreed, I'm getting sick of the consistent deriding of Benayoun. I think all this hatred towards him probably stems from the fact he is Jewish.... we unfortunately have some very close-minded people who think like that on here.The irony is the only man to take us to a UCL Final is a Jew, and the man who is our owner, and turned us into the most successful club of the mid/late-2000s is Jewish also.

Come on Alex, you know that's not true. Perhaps for that 1 member that we all know is an ex-member who was banned in the past :whistling:

I remember when we were at Wigan a few years ago and the whole Chelsea crowd were doing the gas chamber noise. The whole away stand, i was shocked i could not believe it had happened. I would like to say it was a minority but it clearly was not, the away stand at the DW is not big and i would say around 85% of the Chelsea supporters were doing it.

I do not think anyone is anti Semitic on this forum, Benayoun is just not the type of player we should of signed in my opinion.