Neven Subotić

chrismada9

I think Alex will be leaving in Jan. I don't know much about this guy but between him and Hummels, which is the better player and would suit our team? Of course, I'm not sure if Hummels will want to leave Dortmund but for the sake of argument...?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Subotic is far superior then any English defender!

That's a step backwards.

Yep. We shouldn't buy english for the sack of it. Phil Jones would have been a very good choice, though...

Perhaps.

Though I could see the rationale behind the thinking. If it were someone like Cahill, for example, it might be a good buy. Subotic will be costly and since we have trouble with international players (player registration), Cahill could be a safer bet.

Who knows though..

Perhaps.

Though I could see the rationale behind the thinking. If it were someone like Cahill, for example, it might be a good buy. Subotic will be costly and since we have trouble with international players (player registration), Cahill could be a safer bet.

Who knows though..

Subotic would be able to get his work permit here. Rajko couldn't because he played only a few matches for National team because of Vidic, Subotic, Bisevac and Ivanovic. I'd really love to see Subo here, but I think our board will go for Cahill.

Subotic would be able to get his work permit here. Rajko couldn't because he played only a few matches for National team because of Vidic, Subotic, Bisevac and Ivanovic. I'd really love to see Subo here, but I think our board will go for Cahill.

Not the WP issue. The fact that we fill all our international spots when we register our 20-man league for the PL.

No Kolarov? I'd imagine your first choice back 4 would be Ivan-Subotic-Vidic-Kolarov?

No Kolarov? I'd imagine your first choice back 4 would be Ivan-Subotic-Vidic-Kolarov?

It is, but I named only CBs ;)

Not the WP issue. The fact that we fill all our international spots when we register our 20-man league for the PL.

Sorry my bad, I was watching TV and didn't read it properly :P

If Alex leaves wouldn't that leave a spot for Subo?

Also, I expect that at least Kalou and Malouda leave at the end of season so there will be more space.

Perhaps.

Who knows though..

@LDN : for the work permit, this ^

edit : oops, just have seen you weren't talking about the work permit.

As for Subotic/Cahill, of course Cahill will be cheaper than Subotic, if he doesn't sign a new contract. Though, Subotic is younger about three years than Cahill, and it does seem that the serbian is better (or at least have a better potential) than the englishman.

That being said, all depends where Chalobah and Kalas are in our plans. If the board rates them highly and reckons them to have a futur at our club, then Cahill would be a better choice, as he wouldn't last long.

But, I'd rather us to buy a right back, and to have Ivanovic as Terry's successor and buy a right back (or promote one from our academy) than to buy any defender.

• 3 months later...

I really think we should go for him for these reason's.

1. John Terry cannot go on forever and we really dont want to get ourself's in a Liverpool-Carragher situation here.

2. Gary Cahill while he will be a good squad player for us is not a first choice for a team that want to chalenge on all fronts, Subotic is borderline world class and will only improve here.

3. In the summer he will be 23 while Luiz will be 25, thats a top class partnership for the next 5 years.

4 He might cost a bit but will have significant re sale value aswell.

Am I alone in thinking i'd rather us sign Hummels? Perhaps a more unlikely signing, as I know we've tracked Subotic for quite some time.

Hummels is Definitely the better Player, he would be my First choice. I think Gotze and Hummels for 50-ish Million would be a Good deal and one we really need.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You