Neven Subotić

chrismada9

I wouldn't mind to see him in our squad but.... I don't think we need him right now. I would wait this summer to buy him... Because if we gonna buy a defender in this transfert window, we better to buy a Right Back, not a CB... And I would say that we shouldn't buy a defender as long as we haven't buy a Right Winger and/or an attacking midfielder.

But it seems the board doesn't share my view lol.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard it on the news, Chelsea launched an official bid for Subotic worth 21 mil euros. They also said that if they don't accept it that we will try David Luiz and Cahill.

I'd like Subotic the most because he's a real talent, would fit in great with Ivanovic and if we don't sign him now we probably never will because then we will get someone from other 2 players and mentioned aboce and the Dortmund will sell Subotic to some other club at the end of season =.=

Let's hope now Dortmund owner is a greedy bastard and will let Subotic go, but that will hardly happen because they want to win the league...

German sources reporting Chelsea have made an offer of £17.5 million for Neven Subotic.

*sigh*

Has the market really changed that much? I refuse to believe that after some of the deals the other big clubs have pulled through.

FFS Thomas Vermaelen cost Arsenal just 10 mil!

*sigh*

Has the market really changed that much? I refuse to believe that after some of the deals the other big clubs have pulled through.

That's because Wenger is smart, he finds players who are unknown.

Subotic is being tracked by Madrid and Liverpool (if reports are correct). This immediately pushes up the price of the player by £5milion..

Florentino Perez has inflated the whole transfer market with the transfers of Ronaldo, Kaká & Benzema.

Florentino Perez has inflated the whole transfer market with the transfers of Ronaldo, Kaká & Benzema.

The same was said about ManCIty and us back in the day. I've argued how Ozil and VdV are just exceptions to the new rule but Wenger's contracts and ability proves that good deals are still possible despite what our transfers suggest.

If we're to accept 17 mil for Subotic as the right price then we might as-well stop babbling about how we over-payed for Zhirkov and Ramires.

The same was said about ManCIty and us back in the day. I've argued how Ozil and VdV are just exceptions to the new rule but Wenger's contracts and ability proves that good deals are still possible despite what our transfers suggest.

If we're to accept 17 mil for Subotic as the right price then we might as-well stop babbling about how we over-payed for Zhirkov and Ramires.

Overpayed :lol: I hate the phrase now. I think it was Max who pointed out about Ramires "it's not his fault" that we paid £18million. And he's quite right - We target players performances based on what we paid for them. But that number no longer reflects the player's ability, it's just shoddy negotiations and backroom politics. We must forget judging a player by their price tag now.

Simple question, do we want Subotic?

I think we do. He's 22, and he comes with raving reviews. If someone tells me a defender in the Bundesliga is highly rated - I tend to believe them. The German league is very well balanced (I've been told) that defenders do stand out too. The price is now irrelevant..

*sigh*

Ajax have money problems so they wasn't really in a place to bargain.

Dortmand on the other hand don't have money problems and won't. They have no need to sell him and are top of the league by a long shot.

^ That.

Every deal is different. Dortmund know we need a defender. Puts them in a better bargaining position than us. They sell out their massive stadium every week. They are top of the league. They don't need to sell their 22 year old CB for money, not in Jan anyway.

Agree with the majority really. I don't know an awful lot about the lad just from what I've read but I've never read a bad report on him. The price doesn't bother me if he's as good as people say then it's a good price still taking his age into account as well

Be very happy if the deal went through would give us more strength at the back and help us to stop shipping goals like we have been. Would rather get it done now than the summer, stops interested clubs beating us to him but on the flip side if we wait till the summer other players at better prices may become available. See how it plays out suppose, if we don't get him i still trust our defence to come good and pull out of the slump

Be very happy if the deal went through would give us more strength at the back and help us to stop shipping goals like we have been. Would rather get it done now than the summer, stops interested clubs beating us to him but on the flip side if we wait till the summer other players at better prices may become available. See how it plays out suppose, if we don't get him i still trust our defence to come good and pull out of the slump

It all depends on Alex though doesn't it. If he can get back into action by the end of the month then we can say let's hold off on this transfer till January. But we're not blessed with time when it comes to player injuries :lol: (ref. Essien, Lampard & Bosingwa)

Don't see it happening right now:

If he were to join, would he be happy to sit on the bench as soon as Alex returns? Therefore if all 4 CBs were fit, we then have 2 top-quality CBs sitting on the bench getting frustrated (assuming Ivanovic still wants to play centrally)...

Obviously in the long term this would be an ideal signing, but after joining from a team top of the league and playing week after week, where would he immediately fit in at Chelsea?

It all depends on Alex though doesn't it. If he can get back into action by the end of the month then we can say let's hold off on this transfer till January. But we're not blessed with time when it comes to player injuries :lol: (ref. Essien, Lampard & Bosingwa)

I think even if Alex is back he would still be a good buy now. He's 22 so he's going to be here for the future so he can cover till the end of the season if he doesn't make the grade straight away. Going by the reviews in this thread though that shouldn't be a problem. If he turns out to be better than Alex then even better

If we did get him Ivanovic sold in the summer or keep the five center half's?

Lets be honest, he isn't going to come here to sit on the bench. He is a essential starter in Dortmunds current team who are miles ahead, top of the league.

Thinking about it though this could work. Ivanovic to right back, Ferreira out. Bosingwa sitting on the bench (Replaced with Srna in the summer). Alex, Terry and Subotic all to cover centre back rotating the 3 around.

Only problem with that is apparently Ivanovic's agent said he doesn't want to be at right back?

Lets be honest, he isn't going to come here to sit on the bench. He is a essential starter in Dortmunds current team who are miles ahead, top of the league.

Thinking about it though this could work. Ivanovic to right back, Ferreira out. Bosingwa sitting on the bench (Replaced with Srna in the summer). Alex, Terry and Subotic all to cover centre back rotating the 3 around.

Only problem with that is apparently Ivanovic's agent said he doesn't want to be at right back?

Like the idea

The scenario with Ivanovic is simple, he either plays right back or he doesn't play and sits in the reserves till the summer. No way he should be allowed to pick and choose where he plays that's up to the manager to decide. If we start letting players pick and choose there positions were asking for trouble with the rest of the players asking why he gets special treatment

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You