Chelsea vs Bolton

BlueLion.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the title race? Not a chance. Suddenly things aren't that gloomy, Man Utd drew last night, Arsenal drew tonight, Lampard is back, we got to see the Essien, Ramires and Lampard midfield which I like alot and Kalou was on the bench, perhaps all is right with the world again?

I will however say fair play to Bolton, they were excellent tonight, the better side in the first half and probably unlucky not to get something from the game, I was particularly impressed with American midfielder Holden whose energetic display definitely caught the eye.

The stand outs for Chelsea tonight were John Terry, Ashley Cole, Ramires but my pick for man of the match would be Michael Essien who entered his best display since our last Premier League win, against Fulham. He looked right up for it tonight and bounded around the pitch like a mad man. Good to see Florent Malouda back on the scoresheet, another assist for Drogba who also looked the part tonight and as usual gave us a focal point to our attacks.

Tonight confirmed a few things. We play better without Kalou (but then you already knew that), that Ancelotti should stick with this Essien, Ramires and Lampard midfield because it has a lot of good things going for it, not least of which being the energy it consists of and that with Essien playing through the centre he gets far more involvement in the game than he does when he is playing on the right side of our midfield 3, getting Essien on the ball more can only be a positive.

The few negatives from tonight were Nic Anelka's positioning which, considering his goalscorer reputation, is baffling. Also Bosingwa looked entirely unsteady defensively and Ivanovic had a few moments where he looked a bit shakey.

All in all though its a huge win, its a win that has potentially saved Carlo Ancelotti's job, its a win that has gotten us back in the title race (helped by recent results of title rivals) and its a win that hopefully will give us the confidence to kick on.

Did anyone have FSC stream on?

We thought Andy Gray was bad, but his guy was as anti-Chelsea as you could get. That was never going to be flagged for handball by Terry because it came at him so quick he had no time to react, he wasn't raising his arms to get in the way & he wasn't even looking at the ball.

The commentator also couldn't stop berating about how Drogba was offside for Malouda's goal. Sh*t happens bro, get over it.

Essien really proved my (and The Big Drog's) point today. With him at DM, you have all-round defensive stability you need in a DM in when playing a midfield-three and he also offers us something in attack as a bonus. I hope CA realises this.

I have nothing against John but i'm thinking about what's best for Chelsea Football Club here.

We thought Andy Gray was bad, but his guy was as anti-Chelsea as you could get. That was never going to be flagged for handball by Terry because it came at him so quick he had no time to react, he wasn't raising his arms to get in the way & he wasn't even looking at the ball.

The commentator also couldn't stop berating about how Drogba was offside for Malouda's goal. Sh*t happens bro, get over it.

When they learn that this is football not soccer then I will take them seriously. Unfortunately I have been listening to them for last 8 yrs ,because I dont have other options :(

Essien really proved my (and The Big Drog's) point today. With him at DM, you have all-round defensive stability you need in a DM in when playing a midfield-three and he also offers us something in attack as a bonus. I hope CA realises this.

I have nothing against John but i'm thinking about what's best for Chelsea Football Club here.

Spot on, it was also fantastic that not only did we have Essien getting about the pitch and making tackles but alongside him Ramires was flying into tackles and charging about the pitch too. Not only were their defensive contributions commendable but so too was their on the ball play, Ramires played some lovely passes and had some really neat touches as did Essien. Id go as far as to say that was Ramires' best game for the club so far.

That was never a handball, at least not intentional. And Drogba wasn't offside.

Spot on, it was also fantastic that not only did we have Essien getting about the pitch and making tackles but alongside him Ramires was flying into tackles and charging about the pitch too. Not only were their defensive contributions commendable but so too was their on the ball play, Ramires played some lovely passes and had some really neat touches as did Essien. Id go as far as to say that was Ramires' best game for the club so far.

By far.

And you're absolutely right about the rest.

I just hope this is the start of a winning streak because we really can't afford anything else at this point.

He is much more mobile and attacking minded.