Chelsea vs Bolton

BlueLion.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essien really proved my (and The Big Drog's) point today. With him at DM, you have all-round defensive stability you need in a DM in when playing a midfield-three and he also offers us something in attack as a bonus. I hope CA realises this.

I have nothing against John but i'm thinking about what's best for Chelsea Football Club here.

Ramires played some lovely passes and had some really neat touches as did Essien. Id go as far as to say that was Ramires' best game for the club so far.

Definitely guys, you're both right.

Essien really proved my (and The Big Drog's) point today. With him at DM, you have all-round defensive stability you need in a DM in when playing a midfield-three and he also offers us something in attack as a bonus. I hope CA realises this.

I have nothing against John but i'm thinking about what's best for Chelsea Football Club here.

I've always been a fan of Mikel and it's been great to see his fantastic performances this season but I think we can do much better without him in that DM role. While his strength on the ball and calmness when under pressure from opposition players is unquestionable, I think he's not been able to move things about quickly in the middle of the field. IMO his decision making while passing is just a tad slow still and we'd be better served playing Essien there. He is the complete midfielder and certainly among the top 3 box to box mids in the world and we're wasting his vision and passing by playing him as a CM. Ramires showed in the Spurs game that right now his best position is at RCM. His pace is terrific and he gives us great energy there, a perfect compliment for Lamps alongside him who will do what he does best now that he's returned.

IMO our 3 in midfield should be set up like this :

------------------------Essien----------------------------

--------Ramires-----------------Lampard-------------

Soothsayer emo5.gif