Drogba or Hasselbaink

Henrique

Jimmy Floyd scored 70 goals in 4 seasons in the Premier League. Didier spend 6 seasons to score more than that. Didier got more glory, money and fame, but Floyd played with a team that was...lets say, not as strong as the one that played with the african during all these years.

If you had to choose only one of them to the best XI of the last 10 years, who would you choose ?

This is my choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DoYY3LlLSY

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it is Drogba. Why? I just think he is a more complete forward, but it isn't just his goalscoring; it is his overall play across the pitch. His defensive role is massive and he carries it out to perfection, and he sets up as many chances as he scores. Wonderful player, we were truly blessed to see this man in his prime last year.

I'd go with Drogba.

Hasselbaink was a superb striker and it's no slight on his ability. I just happen to think that Drogba is one of the best centre forwards ever.

I loved Hasselbaink. I wish he had stayed a year longer and been apart of the League winning side under Mourinho.

I think that Jimmy is at least 2 times better than Drog. Its a shame that the dutch left when Mourinho arrived, specially if we see that he had 2 good season with Charlton, that were by far better than our strikers seasons in 04/05; and 05/06. Remember that in these two seasons, Lampard was our top scorer, and Drogba, Crespo, Gudjonses and Kezman record were really so so.

Didier had two superb seasons, in 06/07 and 09/10. The rest were just avarage. I love him, dont get me wrong. But I also think Jimmy is a better character. How I wish he could have stayed here at least two more seasons.

I think that Jimmy is at least 2 times better than Drog. Its a shame that the dutch left when Mourinho arrived, specially if we see that he had 2 good season with Charlton, that were by far better than our strikers seasons in 04/05; and 05/06. Remember that in these two seasons, Lampard was our top scorer, and Drogba, Crespo, Gudjonses and Kezman record were really so so.

Didier had two superb seasons, in 06/07 and 09/10. The rest were just avarage. I love him, dont get me wrong. But I also think Jimmy is a better character. He played with such passion in Chalrton, in club that were fighting for nothing. Sometimes even here, Didier sometimes act like he just dont care. How I wish Jimmy could have stayed here at least two more seasons.

Didier had two superb seasons, in 06/07 and 09/10. The rest were just avarage. I love him, dont get me wrong. But I also think Jimmy is a better character. How I wish he could have stayed here at least two more seasons.

I don't see how you can say Hasselbaink is 'at least two times better than' Drogba. On goalscoring terms, their goals in Chelsea colours have come at almost exactly one in two games.

The one thing I liked about Hasslebaink was his partnership he formed with Gudjohnsen. I think that was vital to his success. We haven't really seen that kind of partnership at the club for a while, Anelka and Drogba, while good on the pitch, they don't have the same chemistry Hass-Gud did. Then again we play 4-3-3 now so we wouldn't really expect that kind of link up play.

Drogba without a doubt, have to give Hasselbaink credits for being a good duo with Eidur. Eidur and Hasselbaink were like undefeated duo, they were worldclass. The duo Anelka, Drogba is good, but aint even close to how good Jimmy's and Eidur's were. Drogba and Anelka are just better as individuals.