Birmingham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Didn't see the game, but I listened to it on the radio. Our inability to create and convert chances in recent games has been frustrating - 1 goal in the last 4 games is a stat that would have been unimaginable to most of us at the end of last season and the start of this when we were banging them in for fun. Got the impression that we lacked direction in pushing for the equaliser and it was bordering on desperation towards the end. Recently I think we've seen that Carlo seemingly can't change a game with his substitutions, although admittedly, looking at our bench in comparison to the likes of United, Arsenal and Spurs, there's a serious lack of options.

We've got some tough games coming up, so really need to get it together or we could easily find ourselves in a 'transitional' season. On the bright side, we've lost 4 games and yet are somehow still top of the league...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our squad is way too weak. never replaced Ballack at all, he was strong and he could score goals. we rarely lost when ballack played for us. I remember a few years ago, Lampard was about for the xmas period, about 6-8 games and Ballack was absolutely brilliant in that spell, he took over and showed why he is such a big player. Who can do that role now? We have just defensive minded players, even Anelka isn't doing anything out wide, nothing at all.

Where the hell is the creativity?

Everything about this is 100% accurate.

Our Football board is responsible for building/maintaining our squad, Ancelotti never had full control of it. Moreover he would have never said that our squad is bad, he's a diplomat.

And I hope for CFC's sake that Ancelotti won't be blamed by either our board or our owner.

Any statmen here?

When was the last time a team won the league having lost 4 times before Xmas?

Just ask the experts, I'm really curious to see as well:

Twitter: @infostradalive

Don't worry guys every club has its bad patch, that early season form was never going to last. Im just happy that we are having it now because we are still level on points with united.

Yeh hopfully this be the end of the bad patch.

But I just hope Roman/the board doesnt have a crazy moment and sack Carlo cause that solve sod all,other then loosing more dosh.I doubt it but you never know weird things do happen spur of the moment

Our squad is way too weak. never replaced Ballack at all, he was strong and he could score goals. we rarely lost when ballack played for us. I remember a few years ago, Lampard was about for the xmas period, about 6-8 games and Ballack was absolutely brilliant in that spell, he took over and showed why he is such a big player. Who can do that role now? We have just defensive minded players, even Anelka isn't doing anything out wide, nothing at all.

Where the hell is the creativity?

I remember that spell and yeah Ballack was amazing. Ballack really was a underrated player in his time at Chelsea (even by me once).

But i didn't like the defensive role he got, his attacking qualities went to waste.

Personally i miss Deco too. I think i'm the only Chelsea fan who really loved the guy.

We should re-call Matic.

He could help the number and was very good at making passes in the pre-season.

Matic won't get a chance in the starting XI. He's better off on loan where he'd get more 1st team football, in a league renounced for producing good youth talent.

Anyone who watched both the sunderland and this game could see the difference. Honestly the performance of today is not disappointing but the result is. The only complaint that I have is the lack of varieties in Carlo's team selection and subs. 21 players were on the brum half for the major part of the game. He should try with Josh. And I dont understand what ferriera is doing here.

FC BIRMINGHAM CITY VS FC CHELSEA LONDON 1:0

goalkeeper: cech

defense: ferreira (bosingwa 64min.) - ivanovic - alex - cole

midfield: ramires (sturridge 72min.) - mikel - malouda

attack: anelka - Drogba - kalou

damn.. we lost the last 2 premier league games, first sunderland and now birmingham,

there are no small clubs in the premier league, every club has quality players, this is the england premier league!!