Chelsea vs Wolves

BlueLion.

that is a very reasonable point ..the only problem is Im not sure it would be fair to Borini to play him out wide ,,,but Esk would be able to comment

on this better than me

Borini "could" play out wide. But it most certainly would not be ideal as it is not natural to him, Just look at the recent Liverpool reserves game to see what he can do from a wide position, but to play him in the first team out wide i think would be very tough for him. Borini will get his chances, his problem is he has to contend with Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou for that central striker role..... Kakuta and McEachran have less competition and as such have had more playing time.

A quick note on Borini, personally i don't think last season was very good for him performance wise. This season he has really kicked up a gear and playing well, on the back of last nights reserve game it may well be time to bring him off from the bench in the second half of this game and see what he does.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borini "could" play out wide. But it most certainly would not be ideal as it is not natural to him, Just look at the recent Liverpool reserves game to see what he can do from a wide position, but to play him in the first team out wide i think would be very tough for him. Borini will get his chances, his problem is he has to contend with Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou for that central striker role..... Kakuta and McEachran have less competition and as such have had more playing time.

A quick note on Borini, personally i don't think last season was very good for him performance wise. This season he has really kicked up a gear and playing well, on the back of last nights reserve game it may well be time to bring him off from the bench in the second half of this game and see what he does.

thanks Esk informative as ever ..My feeling was to have him on bench on Saturday and hopefully give him some playing time

thanks Esk informative as ever ..My feeling was to have him on bench on Saturday and hopefully give him some playing time

Even though he scored 5 yesterday i wouldn't start him in a game yet.

Wolves will be a tough test and with Arsenal and Man City faving off on Sunday we will definately need to win this one and to win it well too. I think that Drogba will be definately back, Bosingwa will be available for selection also. Not too sure on anyone else though

...his problem is he has to contend with Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou for that central striker role.....

I doubt Kalou is a real contender for the central striker role anymore,I can't remember the last time he played as such.

I doubt Kalou is a real contender for the central striker role anymore,I can't remember the last time he played as such.

Very true actually, still there is enough competition there for Borini to find it hard to get chances. I think his time will come, like i say he has worked hard this season and i would not be surprised at all to see him come off the bench on Saturday.

4-3-2-1 with Drogba up top and Kakuta and Kalou playing behind him. Usual suspects in midfield and Bosingwa coming on for Ferreira at half-time/after 60 minutes. Anelka, Malouda and Ramires amongst the substitutes. Basically:

Cech

Ferreira, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole

Mikel

Essien, Zhirkov

Kalou, Kakuta

Drogba

Substitutes: Anelka, Malouda, Ramires, Borini/Josh, Bruma, van Aanholt, Fumble.

I say use the Christmas Tree formation as it gives Kakuta and Kalou free roles - they can come inside or go out wide and operate as wingers. My point is I expect Wolves to defend deep and as such the likes of Ferreira/Bosingwa and Cole will see a lot of possession so width will be supplied from the full-backs. That means with Kalou and Kakuta playing behind Drogba they are able to support wherever rather than just playing on either wing.

Think Carlo's introduced this system where anyone who plays in the front 3 is being asked to adjust to playing wide as well as more centrally. We've seen it with Nico and Malouda and Drogba who all constantly keep interchanging their positions on the pitch. Ditto with Kalou and Sturridge. So I guess the same's being taught to Borini as well. Makes man-marking them a difficult job.

I think Chelsea have two gears they can play in. There is the gear they play in against Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool, and the gear they play against the rest. I think we'll see us come out and try and walk to a comfortable victory. Remember we were 3-0 up after about 25 minutes against Wolves in this fixture last season! I doubt it will be as easy tomorrow but I think we can certainly get the three points.

Jose Boswinga will start his first game for a year when Chelsea take on Wolverhampton Wanderers tomorrow (Saturday).

The right-back has been selected by Carlo Ancelotti following a substitute appearance at Aston Villa last week.

Didier Drogba is welcomed back after illness but the game comes too early for Brazilian pair Alex and Ramires who will return to training next week.

Ancelotti hopes to have Frank Lampard back in full training by the end of next week.

Source CFC

Chelsea should win this easily considering our home form and Wolves pathetic away form this should be three points in the bagblue%20scalf.gif. Catch all the latest team news, match previews, pre match analysis and interviews and lot more right here. LINK REMOVED. Please ASK before advertising, it's quite rude not to!

The games at God's time for football which is always nice! I haven't missed a game in a while but I'll have to watch this from home, money is tight! haha

Hope for a positive game and maybe a rest for Malouda? Zhirkov to start and Kakuta to get some game time because his confidence will be low

This is a game where I hope to see Bos get a good game under his belt. And since Alex is injured, I would like to see this team....

--Cech--

--Bosingwa--Ivanovic--Terry©--A.Cole--

--Mikel--

--Essien--Ramires--

--Anelka--Drogba--Malouda

I don't know if Ramires is still injured but I've included him in my starting XI