Chelsea vs Wolves

BlueLion.

I think Malouda, Anelka and Essien should be rested. Maybe Cole too?

Zhirkov, Kalou and Kakuta/McEachran (Josh in a more attacking role this time) being their replacements.

That way they're totally fresh for the tricky away game at Ewood Park.

Cech

Bosingwa Ivanovic Terry Cole(PVA)

Mikel Ramires(box-to-box role)

Kakuta/McEachran

Kalou Drogba Zhirkov

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Malouda, Anelka and Essien should be rested. Maybe Cole too?

Zhirkov, Kalou and Kakuta/McEachran (Josh in a more attacking role this time) being their replacements.

That way they're totally fresh for the tricky away game at Ewood Park.

Cech

Bosingwa Ivanovic Terry Cole(PVA)

Mikel Ramires(box-to-box role)

Kakuta/McEachran

Kalou Drogba Zhirkov

I don't think Carlo wants to let Josh start yet, he's taking the development very seriously and cautiously, perhaps if he came on at half-time after we establish a lead would be ideal.

I don't think Carlo wants to let Josh start yet, he's taking the development very seriously and cautiously, perhaps if he came on at half-time after we establish a lead would be ideal.

Yeah you're probably right.

Think there will be quite a few back for this one, and the next match isn't until Blackburn one week later.

Line up is anyones guess, but:

Cech

Bosingwa--Alex/Terry/Bran--A.Cole/Zhirkov

----------Mikel----------

---Essien--Ramires/Zhirkov-----

---Anelka--Drogba--Malouda-----

I would guess. Pick 2 out of the 3 CBs based on fitness.

Think there will be quite a few back for this one, and the next match isn't until Blackburn one week later.

Line up is anyones guess, but:

Cech

Bosingwa--Alex/Terry/Bran--A.Cole/Zhirkov

----------Mikel----------

---Essien--Ramires/Zhirkov-----

---Anelka--Drogba--Malouda-----

I would guess. Pick 2 out of the 3 CBs based on fitness.

think anelka may be rested ,,would prefer malouda in midfield and yuri in front 3

Yeah Borini playing would be nice, it would also mean we'd have a better chance of keeping him. Rumours say he's off to Parma permanently

I would be very disappointed in Carlo if he leaves. He has come out in the press and praised the lad yet hasn't given him the chance.

I would be very disappointed in Carlo if he leaves. He has come out in the press and praised the lad yet hasn't given him the chance.

Carlo IS giving the young players playing time ...but they can't ALL be played at once . I trust Carlo to make the right judgements and if

players can't trust him then they are the ones that would disappoint me.

Edited by zolayes

Carlo IS giving the young players playing time ...but they can't ALL be played at once . I trust Carlo to make the right judgements and if

But the fact is the player can only do what is needed, and that is play the game. Borini has been scoring in the reserves very well, and i hope he does get the chance to shine. Give Kakuta a day off and give Borini a chance i say.

emo3.gif

My thoughts exactly.

I think Nico deserves a rest, it would be good to see Kalou get some game time now that he is fit again! Maybe bring Nico on at Half time if we are struggling, fresh legs are always good!

Anelka had a rest in the international break and our next game isn't for another 7 days after this one...

True but would still be nice to see Kalou have a run out. That said either way we should still pick up 3 points.

But the fact is the player can only do what is needed, and that is play the game. Borini has been scoring in the reserves very well, and i hope he does get the chance to shine. Give Kakuta a day off and give Borini a chance i say.

that is a very reasonable point ..the only problem is Im not sure it would be fair to Borini to play him out wide ,,,but Esk would be able to comment

on this better than me

Borini would have to play up top, good thing is that he would keep team shape

But I think Nico did that excellently in the last game and kept pressure on the opposition defenders which hasn't been the case with him in recent times.