LDN Blue

Good game. Lots of goals, some nice saves. Nainggolan and Payet with superb goals too.

Never saw Denayer before (actualy if I remember correctly I saw him when he was playing for Celtic vs Maribor in CL qualifications), but he was far more impressive today. With Vermaelen turning into complete invalid, Belgium has replacement already lined up in Denayer.

Ntep should be getting a place over Lacazette easily. They dont't have an explosive player like him in the squad. He would fit like a glove in the EPL too.

Once Fekir and Lacazette settle in, France will benefit big time. Giroud was bang shit.

Once Fekir and Lacazette settle in, France will benefit big time. Giroud was bang shit.

I can see Fekir overtaking Valbuena's spot for Euro2016 if keeps improving. but it's very unlikely that Lacazette will ever get a run at the striker role over Benzema. There are better players ahead of him on the wings as well. Also, depending on his Martial's evolution next season, he could potentially lose his place in the NT. The monaco player is a real gem.

I can see Fekir overtaking Valbuena's spot for Euro2016 if keeps improving. but it's very unlikely that Lacazette will ever get a run at the striker role over Benzema. There are better players ahead of him on the wings as well. Also, depending on his Martial's evolution next season, he could potentially lose his place in the NT. The monaco player is a real gem.

Lacazette plays much much better for Lyon than France. Right now, Benzema will probably be first choice for Deschamps, but eventualy it should be Lacazette. Giroud has one oddly good game and 5 poor ones.

One big advantage Lacazette has is if Fekir and him stay in lyon for at least another year, they could develop realy good relationship on pitch. They played just one full season together and match each other perfectly. Lacazette downside is that sometimes if he doesnt score, he goes completely missing in game. But he is far from being poacher or whatever. His skills are quite amazing for striker.

Martial is also big prospect indeed. Another from lyon academy. They realy benefited in recent years. Fekir, Lacazette, Martial, Tolisso, Ferri, Umtiti, Lopes etc.

A question for the Belgian members, do people at your country actually like how the points cut in half in this time of the season? is there any criticism about this system?

Imo its horrible and unfair. The Israeli league tried it in one season, 09/10. The winners finished second in the regular seaons, and until now everyone remembers it as a "meh" title, like they shouldnt have won it.

I think it happend last season in Belgium too, with the maniac Guy Luzon.

Bit late to reply but meh.

I actually love it. Lost my interest in the Belgian league long ago. But since this system is in place I actually enjoy it. And others in my circle of friends do to. There's a buzz when the play-offs start and every season since the changes has been great entertainment until the last day of the season.

I don't get the unfair arguments either. How is it unfair? Every team knows the rules and that the emphasis of the league is in the play-offs. There's not one team that benefits over the others. You just have to make sure you're team are at their peak in the business end of the season.

And if your club follows a good policy, it's a great system. In the first half of the season you have the chance to focus on your European campaign as the points in the league have less value. Thus enabling the league to get sufficient points in the UEFA ranking. Since this system was introduced Belgium has risen in the UEFA ranking. The champions are directly in the Champions League group stages while the number 2 has a chance through the play-offs. A few years ago we had 1 team that had to play play-offs to even reach the group stages.

Also, since the early part of the season has "less value", it's a lesser risk to give youngsters a chance. You've got 3/4th of a season to bed in youngsters or new signings when you're one of the top teams. Enough time to get them ready for the 10 game play-offs at the end of the season. A decade ago the Belgian league was mocked for being a league filled with African players and 3rd rate players from Eastern Europe. The youth education has definitly improved but it's easy to see why youngsters might get their chance sooner now. Even at the teams lower in the table. They might miss the lucrative play-offs. But they have 2 months at the end of the season to take that outside shot for a European ticket or give a youngster a few games to see if he has what it takes for next season before going on the transfer market.

Already the womens world cup is so much better than the men' TEAMS try to score .. no bus parking .. the refs look good with pony tails not bald heads

,, and I dont think the game is corrupt

tonight Sweden v Nigeria is fantastic ,, did you watch ireland v England last night

Already the womens world cup is so much better than the men' TEAMS try to score .. no bus parking .. the refs look good with pony tails not bald heads

,, and I dont think the game is corrupt

tonight Sweden v Nigeria is fantastic ,, did you watch ireland v England last night

Most importantly, Alex Morgan[emoji7] [emoji173]