Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time for kakuta to shine .... i actually believe we can get away with the 3 points if we had the right tactics and if the players were enough disciplined on the pitch .... if u compare the two teams even with our injury we have a much better line up than astonvilla but the problem is this team can get easily hurt through the right side which has ferrera our only weak link and kakuta infront of him who is not a great aid defensively as well !! but hopefully essien will take care of this .

i don't think we should try to hurry and get an early goal in this one , we should try to ease our way into the game and hopefully with the likes of kakuta , malouda and anelka upfront we will score but the most important thing is not to concede .

i think dead balls will have the final word in that match .

I think we could win this game, but how well and by how many depends on the tactics definitely in the midfield, hopefully it will be disclipined enough that we can counter attack well and also defend well when attacked by Villa.

Anelka to score a brace would be perfect.

is years since i`ve seen CFC beat Villa in the flesh,so to speak...and for anyone whose been to Aston you`ll know how grim the place is on a normal day,let alone when you see the Chels lose there..the last time i saw the blues beat Villa home or away was at Villa in about March `99 Flo had one of his great games with a brace in a pretty comfortable win 3-0 or 3-1 if i recall correctly

anyway i tried to get a ticket for this match and failed so we may actually win this one now..thanks to me..:whistling:blue%20scalf.gif

for anyone going to the game who hasn`t been there before, if you gonna stay up there for saturday night,i wouldn`t bother with Aston...i really would prefer to spend the night in somewhere like Leicester ,Rotherham,Huddersfield and the like.. than spend another night in Aston..is like the worlds largest industrial estate with hardly any units not derelict with a spaghetti junction and a load of tower blocks to add to the gloom.

Birmingham is a lot better these days..is quite impressive what they have done to the city centre compared to what it used to be and New Street station is a lot safer place than it was in the big hoolie days of the 80`s and early 90`s...just don`t wear any colours and you should be fine. also it has some great places to eat..especially Indian and Oriental food.

anyway ,just thought i`d give you guys an heads up...maybe Aston isn`t as bad now..but i don`t recall hearing about an atom bomb hitting the place in the last couple of years so i guess it`s still as bad..feel free to ignore my advice tho..can always share our horror stories when you get back..;)

I think we will beat them easy. As long as don't expose space to ashley young we should win.

If Young's up against Cole I'm not concerned. Ferreira on the other hand...

JT needs to continue his brilliant form so far this season if we're going to get anything out of the game.

Surely we'd play in black?

makes more sense if they do. They wore black at Villa Park the last two seasons

By the way BlueDrew, are you aware of when we won there in Guus Hiddink's first game in charge when Anelka scored the only goal in a 1-0 win??

Big test for Kakuta to prove he is at the very least an option against Premier League teams in games that matter. If he doesn't perform to a decent level I'm sure he will not get another chance in games that matter unless we have a real injury crisis. Since we're already out of the Carling Cup he needs to impress if he wants minutes.

Big test for Kakuta to prove he is at the very least an option against Premier League teams in games that matter. If he doesn't perform to a decent level I'm sure he will not get another chance in games that matter unless we have a real injury crisis. Since we're already out of the Carling Cup he needs to impress if he wants minutes.

Agreed. Much hype is being made over Kakuta, in the last few game he's featured he hasn't shined much (albeit because he didn't get much service on the right wing) but still, let's see if he can live up to the potential :)

Hopefully he'll grow into the game, I'm predicting a Mikel goal, yes! A GOAL! lol once he scores I'm buying my Obi Wan top.

I am hoping for a strong performance for him though to cut out service to Ashley Young and stuff and help out Paolo a lot but Essien will be doing that more imo. Come on lads, try not to lose lol emo5.gif