Man City vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref was paid by the sheikh.

but let's not get delusional, we failed to beat a top side.

And we didnt beat them last year.We won the other games at least.And if we win next week...all be good.

That ref though jesus!Least he added on time but still..lets walk slow lets fuck about.Andy Gray arg!!!!!!!!! 'He dived'.erm no he was barged into!

plus fucking one!!

by the way did you see how many fucking City players surrounded Anelka when he had the ball and tried to attack!!??

Seriously De Jong, both Toures Boyata and Kompany were constantly kicking Chelsea players and getting awey with it. But when Chelsea player did that City got free kick.

Disgraceful performance but even worse disgraceful reffing. Have not seen anything more inconsistent since our Barca game... What a fucking joke. We were poor, very very poor. We did not deserve to win, we had no vision going forward and just couldn't keep up with an under strengthened City. Disgrace. But we are still top of the league!

Well I must say I'm not too disappointed with the result. They committed a lot of there game to defense and simply took us out if the game. They can't do it every week and definetly don't look like a real title threat.. Just wasn't our week. Look forward to taking our frustration out on arsenal.

Doom and gloom on other places hillarious..we played no bodies before blah blah...erm still have to play the same teams just not in the same order ffs!!! And had we beaten them wouldnt meant anything either.Doesnt mean we'll beat every other team...Man U beat them last year and lost to random teams so..

Bleh!City yeh deserved it.We didnt seem to be able to pass! And ift seemed a case of play all night and not score.So close..hey ho...next week!Long way to go.Remember this feeling last season and it meant sod all

I think we should give Ramires sometime hes not been here long and i dont know if he can speak the language yet, im guessing no. Opposition fans bearly even know him so theres little pressure on him at the moment so he should settle in nicely.

well, yeah, probably by one point, and we have Arsenal next weekend.... :mellow:

We can beat Arsenal at home. That will be a win for us. Today was always going to be difficult, remember though City did the double on us last season but we still won the League comfortably :)

Btw whats with the decision to take of Drogba? Honestly I thought he could have remained and did something.

I know, that was probably the worst decision Carlo has made this season! I think it was maybe because Drogba wasn't living up to expectations, and City were playing to wind him up.

But when Sturridge came on for him, he did absolutely nothing, just like the Newcastle game.

Losing that means we now have to beat Arsenal AND Villa. I think we'll beat the Gunners but I can't see us getting three points at Villa, I really can't. Luckily we'll have some players back by then :rolleyes: Beaten by a better team on the day, so I have no complaints.

Not good, we mustered virtually no goal threat at all. Turns out we missed Lampard quite a bit today.

Cech-did well, coped well with crosses into the box.

Ivanovic- Not good, not good at all, positioning was way off, going forward looked laboured, hasnt looked at it at right back this season, Bosingwa's return is a real plus.

Alex- Did well, strong, efficient.

Terry-Excellent, our best player today.

Cole- Perhaps could have done better for the goal? Decent performance.

Mikel- Played well, found options hard to come by when on the ball, did very well screening the back four.

Essien- Decent, not one of his better games, his passing was a bit off and his shooting wild.

Ramires- Tale of two halves really, off the ball he was excellent, on the ball not so much, still adapting to the speed of the game.

Nic Anelka- Looked the most likely of the front three, but really lacked support from deep(see lack of Lampard) and Ivanovic's overlapping was suspect at best.

Drogba- Got no service at all, starved of service, that being said had 2 strong cases for a penalty in the first half.

Note: Yuri Zhirkov is not a central midfielder, Daniel Sturridge didnt impress when he came on, however with the little bit he did McEachran looked more than comfortable in a big game, even playing in the holding position, keep an eye out here.

Anyway all in all, I didnt think either side were spectacularly good, probably neither deserved to win it, Chelsea arguably had the best chances but City caught them on the counter. City and Tevez are fast becoming Chelsea's bogey team/player.

If you want to look at the positive side, the game midweek against Marseille is the perfect chance to rebuild confidence.