Chelsea vs Blackpool

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Blackpool  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • Blackpool victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless draw
  2. 2. Player to watch?

Alex was rested against West Ham, can't see him missing out tomorrow.

The only changes I'd make there are, start Ramires for Mikel, Essien can rest in the next game against Newcastle. Also, play Bena on the right wing, Yuri on the left and Malouda in midfield.

i think one of alex or terry will be rested to lead the defence later against newcastle in the cup .

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be very disappointed to see these players in the League Cup match versus Newcastle and in the League Cup in general (unless it's the final against a topside). That cup should be for the youngsters/players on the bench.

Yes, the game should be for youngsters but playing a team of reserves is futile. We need some experienced heads in there, ie.:

Turnbull

Ferreira, Ivanovic, Bruma, van Aanholt

Essien

McEachran, Kakuta

Sturridge, Anelka, Kalou

Playing any more than four young players would be Wenger-esque.

Yes, the game should be for youngsters but playing a team of reserves is futile. We need some experienced heads in there, ie.:

Turnbull

Ferreira, Ivanovic, Bruma, van Aanholt

Essien

McEachran, Kakuta

Sturridge, Anelka, Kalou

Playing any more than four young players would be Wenger-esque.

Let me emphasize that i said youngsters and players on the bench (players like Ferreira, Zhirkov etc. included).

With our very small squad, it's important we keep our first eleven players as fresh and fit as possible. It's also important that the players on the bench play as much as possible so they get some match rythym.

If we do well this season they'll be playing a lot of games so tiring them out and risking injuries with these unimportant (let's be honest) League Cup matches would be kind of stupid.

Something like this:

Turnbull/Walker

Ferreira - Ivanovic/Alex* - Bruma* - Van Aanholt

Ramires - Mikel/Clifford

McEachran

Kakuta/Sturridge - Sturridge/Kalou - Zhirkov

(Still a strong outing)

*Don't know who's Terry's real partner in defence

*Don't know if Bruma's fit

And why not play more than four youngsters in the League Cup? Great experience for them and unlike the older players, they'll show more desire and be more eager to win matches and win the cup.

Well, i'd like that Carlito gives a rest to Nico for this game, we don't need him to beat them. And maybe Mikel or Essien, but not the both because we should keep a strong midfielder, even against weak teams... If we want to make some sorte of experimentation (i mean do a wenger's thing or something like that), do it when we will have at least six point on the second.

I would also like to see a youngster start the game. Sturridge start the game wenesday, so i reckon he won't start the blackpool game. Play kakuta from the start will be great, but i reckon Ancelotti will pick Kalou instead of him... But who knows ? Before Zilinia game i was sure that Ancelotti will not play the three youngsters...

The lineup i would like to see :

Cech

Iva - Alex - Terry - Ash

Mikel/Essien

Essien/Ramires - Ramires/Benayoun

Kakuta - Malouda

Drogba

sub : GK - Danni - PVA - Ferreira - Benayoun/Mikel - Kalou - Zhirkov

this fixture brings back memories of the some firsts in watching football,

with Chelsea seeing them in the cinema on pathe news ,,watching them play Moscow Dynamos in 1945 ..3 - 3 draw but most memorable the crowd scenes ..still a Chelsea record of over 85000 I think .

Then the first televised game ..Mathews cup final in 1948 as a boy in a crowded room watching a 12inch black and white screen .

My first flloodlit game Workington v Blackpool with Mathews playing and the reds beating the tangerines..

At some time I will recall memories of Mathews ,,Englands greatest ever footballer...

Tomorrow just look forward to a memorable Chelsea win ,,perhaps capped by Kakutas first Chelsea goal

this fixture brings back memories of the some firsts in watching football,

with Chelsea seeing them in the cinema on pathe news ,,watching them play Moscow Dynamos in 1945 ..3 - 3 draw but most memorable the crowd scenes ..still a Chelsea record of over 85000 I think .

Then the first televised game ..Mathews cup final in 1948 as a boy in a crowded room watching a 12inch black and white screen .

My first flloodlit game Workington v Blackpool with Mathews playing and the reds beating the tangerines..

At some time I will recall memories of Mathews ,,Englands greatest ever footballer...

Tomorrow just look forward to a memorable Chelsea win ,,perhaps capped by Kakutas first Chelsea goal

wonderful stuff mate :)

Judging by Carlo's rotation policy, I think we'll see something along these lines:

Cech

Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Mikel, Benayoun

Kalou, Drogba, Malouda

Resting Ivanovic, Zhirkov, Anelka and Essien - all of whom I see playing against Newcastle.

That looks about right, I`d rest up Iva, Nico and Ess as well.