Biggest threat

who do you think will be our biggest challenger for the league title ?? why ?? which player is its biggest threat???

IMO man utd definitely will give us some hard time but every time i give a look at man city's squad i get terrified they have some real depth and quality in there a lot of great young stars everywhere . i know it will take them sometime before they build a team out of those individuals but with this quality i know they will be ready before our fixture.

their biggest threat is Teves

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City will be inconsistent at least throughout the first half of the season. Today they played really well. but last week they were embarrassed by s*your. It wiil take time for them to come out as a team. But definite they will push hard.

Manchester City play good, but I don't think that will "resist" until the end in more that 2 - 3 competitions...

I think Man Utd and Arsenal...

Manchester City in the next 2 - 3 years, if they invest the same, will be a big problem, eventually they will build a solid team...

Manchester City play good, but I don't think that will "resist" until the end in more that 2 - 3 competitions...

I think Man Utd and Arsenal...

Manchester City in the next 2 - 3 years, if they invest the same, will be a big problem, eventually they will build a solid team...

New rules will fuqq them up. No more insane spending in 2-3 years. tophat.gif

The rule with 25 players in the squad and 8 players form England ?

Well yes that too but I was referring more to "Uefa's Financial Fair Play plan" and its basic philosophy is to force clubs in European competition to spend only what they earn. The financial fair play rules will require clubs to break even over a rolling three-year period if they want to play in the Champions League or Europa League. What does this mean for Manchester City? Simply put they can buy big now but from next year onwards they can't spend £100m on players unless they earned this amount. It explains why they have gone crazy now, because they can't next year. whistling.gif

Well yes that too but I was referring more to "Uefa's Financial Fair Play plan" and its basic philosophy is to force clubs in European competition to spend only what they earn. The financial fair play rules will require clubs to break even over a rolling three-year period if they want to play in the Champions League or Europa League. What does this mean for Manchester City? Simply put they can buy big now but from next year onwards they can't spend £100m on players unless they earned this amount. It explains why they have gone crazy now, because they can't next year. whistling.gif

There are always loopholes for this sort of stuff, sponsorship deals, 3rd party endorsements etc.... trust me! We have a Salary Cap in place in the National Rugby League, yet its still always the same teams making it to the finals.. The Melbourne Storm got busted rorting the cap and got a massive fine and stripped of 2 premierships...

Yeah... but not seems fair, if that were the rule in 2004 (when Abramovich came) Chelsea didn't become such a power in football so fast...

That might be true.. but who the fuqq cares about Manchester Shitty? I for one want them to crash and burn and even perish.. okay they can go into administration like Portsmouth did recently halo.gif

That might be true.. but who the fuqq cares about Manchester Shitty? I for one want them to crash and burn and even perish.. okay they can go into administration like Portsmouth did recently halo.gif

wishful thinking they are backed by real money ,I dont think their owners are going to go away ,,they will become really dangerous if they

get rid of those clowns Cooke and Marwood . their major problem will be meeting Platinis salary regulations ...for the future I am very worried

about them

If the rule will applay it will be a big problem for all teams, not only Manchester City...

Teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, they don't win trophys very often + all small teams in Premier League that not even think to an European Cup or an England team...

Even us, if we don't win an important trophy this year...

Manchester City will win the league in the next two or three years, there's no doubt about that as far as I'm concerned. However I still think it is too early for them at this stage, but I wholeheartedly expect them to finish in the top three, with Arsenal fourth. But even so, I can't see them being any more than 6 to 10 points off of first this season, the League is incredibly tight and competitive now! People say Man City are ruining football, but you have to remember we were doing exactly the same! We broke the 'Big Two' monopoly of United and Arsenal, and now City have done likewise and built their way into the elite of this league. They've made this league much more exciting, and it would appear their spending has brought the best out of Spurs as well!

Refs without a clue!! The little buggers who no doubt cost points etc

Nah say Man U.They know how to win titles etc and have the squad capeable of doing so.Mean Man City have a decent squad but agree with whats said,early days they need time to gel etc etc.I dont think they're ruining football.They're just using the money they've got.Money can buy you players but doesnt mean it make a winning team.Mean everyone last year expected them to come third or whatever and they didnt make Champions League etc

It's too early for city... And calm down, a lot of teams could beat the Liverpool of yesterday.

Look at their squad and assumed that the starting eleven against Liverpool will be the same all the season.

Can someone see Silva, Baloteli, Adebayor stay kindly on the bench ? Me no. They gonna ruin the squad's ambience...

It's the same point for the defenders. They just buy two left back but Mancini has used Lescott...

Futhermore; city have the worst recruiters. When another big team wants to buy a player, Mancity tries to buy him... Mourinho wanted to buy Kolarov and made a 14m bid, city made a 20m bid... It's the same for Robinho and Toure.

So to my opinion, as long as City will have an incapable staff, it will not be a good team.

No, biggest threat is :

• ManU 'cause it's always a very good team,
  • Us 'cause we're good to loose games where we should win easely.

In anyway, Liverpool is no longer a threat laugh.gif