Biggest threat

Manchester City will win the league in the next two or three years, there's no doubt about that as far as I'm concerned. However I still think it is too early for them at this stage, but I wholeheartedly expect them to finish in the top three, with Arsenal fourth. But even so, I can't see them being any more than 6 to 10 points off of first this season, the League is incredibly tight and competitive now! People say Man City are ruining football, but you have to remember we were doing exactly the same! We broke the 'Big Two' monopoly of United and Arsenal, and now City have done likewise and built their way into the elite of this league. They've made this league much more exciting, and it would appear their spending has brought the best out of Spurs as well!

Great post, they are going to win the league in the next few years, it's just something that we're going to have to accept. However, they've purchased so many big egos this summer that I think it will take another few months to gel in, which by that time, they've already dropped too many points to mount a genuine challenge for the title.

And yeah sure, this league has got much more exciting, but at the cost of England's national team and home grown talent. There simply isn't going to be any if all the top clubs just buy foreigners. And to be quite honest, a lot of this is our fault. While the top six clubs will have a fierce title race either this season or in the next few seasons (Spuds, Bin Dippers, United, City, Le Arse, and us), the gap between these top clubs and the bottom half of the league is just going to expand, which has been evident by our 6,7,8 goal drubbings of teams last season and so far this season.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still think that it will be man city , they have the best overall squad and they can easily turn most of the big games into their side . i agree that they are not expected to be consistent enough and most probably will drop points in front of some shit teams but i think they will make some great results against the big 6 and that will make it up for them .

I don't thnik that Mancini is a manager who is able to win big things. Yes i know he has won couple of Serie A titles, but that was after Calciopoli, when other teams were completely weakened.

Biggest Threat could be the Over confidence. We all know what happened during the Scolari's reign. It is important we keep playing like this and give our 100%.

People talk about Man City, ignoring the fact that their defense is not great and they will struggle to keep the attacking teams at bay.

Biggest Threat could be the Over confidence. We all know what happened during the Scolari's reign. It is important we keep playing like this and give our 100%.

People talk about Man City, ignoring the fact that their defense is not great and they will struggle to keep the attacking teams at bay.

toure kompany richards lescott boating kiolarov bridge zabaletta

with yaya toure , barry , de jong and viera as DM

for me that doesn't look like a bad defence at all.

this has the makings of a great season ,,so many teams with so much to play for .I think this season is too soon for city to challenge for title

but believe they will make 4th and then buy really big next time ...then they will be a massive threat , I think Man U may struggle this season

and it could also be Fergies last season .Arse could be our biggest threat this year while Pool look in deep crap ...

according to J F H on sky sports ..manure have the best squad and will win pl ....our squad is too thin and wont cope with injuries ...

good striker but another plonker as pundit

At first i just saw the plonker bit, and was thinking, how dare he call JFH a plonker...

But he bloody well is he thinks Man U will with PL pfffffffft.

Great on the pitch, not so much as a pundit

For me its Man City. And biggest threat - Johnson !!! The kids pure quality. Quite a snip for 7m. With Mancini at the helm, they are going to be defensively hard team to break down. And their attack has enough quality players to score a goal or two in any game.

I know Man Utd is a team that often is amongst the top two but I think they are going to be drawing a lot more games this season. Their midfield is quite mediocre and if Nani is to get injured, they have a serious lack of creative outlet !!!

Arsenal are well.. Arsenal !!! They are going to be within 5-15 points off the 1st place but never seriously in as a threat. And although I like the look of Spurs this year, they lack that consistency that top championship winning teams have.