Ramires Number 7

http://www.realmadri...ano_Ronaldo.htm

I stand corrected on that one, but I'm sure he was last season? Ah well, doesnt matter, not important...

And yes mate, the number 7 is/was mainly used as a right midfielders number but since the early 90's when squad numbers came in to football, 7 has been used all over the place.

And I've done research on Ramires and he has played as a right midfielder during his time in Brazil, I cant remember where I was reading it, the source may have been wrong, if you would like to produce your own source of information to show he has always played in the middle then please do.

Yes he did and than he moved to Benfica where he played with number 8. And because number 8 is occupied by this awesome man he choose the available number next to it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my bad on that one, I havent managed to see any Spanish football yet so still thought he had the number 9.

Where do we think Ramires will play then? Will he sit and let Lamps and Essien push forward, or will he play up with Lamps with Essien sitting?

Yes he did and than he moved to Benfica where he played with number 8. And because number 8 is occupied by this awesome man he choose the available number next to it.

Yeah I read that somewhere too. Im sure I read somewhere that he started off as either a right back or right sided midfielder and was told by Pele to try playing in the centre due to his athletisism, strength etc. Either way we have got ourselves a very versatile, young, hungry player!!!

Yeah I read that somewhere too. Im sure I read somewhere that he started off as either a right back or right sided midfielder and was told by Pele to try playing in the centre due to his athletisism, strength etc. Either way we have got ourselves a very versatile, young, hungry player!!!

Lol Terry was once a defensive-midfielder but he switched to defender because there wasn't too many where he played.

And yes mate, the number 7 is/was mainly used as a right midfielders number but since the early 90's when squad numbers came in to football, 7 has been used all over the place.

True, number 7 was used by right wingers.

That's how it looked like when numbers were introduced:

______________ 9 _____________

__ 11 ____________________ 7 __

________ 10 ________ 8 ________

________ 6 ____ 5 _____ 4 ______

___ 3 ____________________ 2 ___

______________ 1 ______________

The number doesn't matter

Shane and a few others have already caused the thread to derail by coming into a squad number discussion thread with that garbage.

I don't come into a cricket thread and say it doesn't matter, and that people shouldnt worry about such a shitty inferior sport.

In a perfect world out first XI would have numbers 1-11, but these days players have favourite numbers etc, JT was offered 5 a few years ago but stuck with 26, Zola stuck with 25, Deco liked 20, Ballack liked 13 etc...

Shane and a few others have already caused the thread to derail by coming into a squad number discussion thread with that garbage.

I don't come into a cricket thread and say it doesn't matter, and that people shouldnt worry about such a shitty inferior sport.

No, but you hate Benayoun yet come into his threads and keep calling him a rat, thereby demonstrating what a shitty, inferior attitude possessing hypocrite you are.

In a perfect world out first XI would have numbers 1-11, but these days players have favourite numbers etc, JT was offered 5 a few years ago but stuck with 26, Zola stuck with 25, Deco liked 20, Ballack liked 13 etc...

could use letters instead of numbers Leicester rugby did that for years