The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Actually the "famous" Lebanese foods are not the best ones. Plenty of other Lebanese foods that are not famous in other countries but are so much better.

What are some of the great hidden secrets?

Choulo, when are you gonna visit us in Brazil? We've got a lot of lebanese immigrants and descendants. I know a few, I think their surname was Khalil and they still have relatives in Lebanon.

And then you can make us some non-mainstream lebanese dishes.

What are those in bottom-right? :)

What do you want to know? The cup with a kind of black soup or the bowl with the thing that looks like bacon?

The black soup is called "caldinho de feijão", it is made with the broth of the black beans (main dish) and it is as hot as it is amazing.

The bacon looking thing is called "torresmo", it is fried pork fat.

What are some of the great hidden secrets?

Countless. The Lebanese cuisine is huge. I personally love the stews which we usually make with cooked rice on the side. My favorit stews are spinach, cauliflower, and a herb that probably doesn't have a name in English but we pronounce it "Mlookhiyye".

Choulo, when are you gonna visit us in Brazil? We've got a lot of lebanese immigrants and descendants. I know a few, I think their surname was Khalil and they still have relatives in Lebanon.

And then you can make us some non-mainstream lebanese dishes.

Are you kdding? Only moms know how to cook those stuff! :lol:

Countless. The Lebanese cuisine is huge. I personally love the stews which we usually make with cooked rice on the side. My favorit stews are spinach, cauliflower, and a herb that probably doesn't have a name in English but we pronounce it "Mlookhiyye".

This?

spinach+stew.jpg

What do you want to know? The cup with a kind of black soup or the bowl with the thing that looks like bacon?

The black soup is called "caldinho de feijão", it is made with the broth of the black beans (main dish) and it is as hot as it is amazing.

The bacon looking thing is called "torresmo", it is fried pork fat.

Was mainly wondering what the bacon thingie was, torresmo, ic...

The soup sounds delish :)

No I'm pretty sure that spinach. Anyway that's not how we make it Lebanon. That's probably from Palestine or Syria.

That is spinach, LOOL.

I was asking if that was how you did, but you answered that already! :)

Choulo whats the difference between lebanese and indian kitchen(which i love) in terms of herbs??

In india they use stuff like coco milk, curcuma, basil, kerry, parsley,thyme , rhosemary..., kinda the same in lebanon or totally different?

indian kitchen(which i love)

In india they use stuff like coco milk, curcuma, basil, kerry, parsley,thyme , rhosemary...,

You will love Northeast Brazilian Cuisine, they have a lot of spicy!

Dion might be able to answer you better, but if you plan on going to Fortaleza, you will love the food there.