The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Lol, i love that stuff. Though its terrible for you..

I hate it. Almost as much as haggis, which isn't even Scottish, it's Scandinavian.

Bagpipes are from Turkey.

Tarten originated in modern day Austria.

Whiskey only arrived in Scotland in the 15th century.

Those sneaky Scots...

We would get along. Do you know the center of evolutionary psychology, UCSB?

Partially yeh

i study nature science-enverinmont in general which includes:

astronomy/biology/fysics/geology... & this combined with environment

psychology is not quite included in that one :)

@mundaka thanks for explaining mate!i have to read that darwin's book

Id start here http://www.amazon.com/One-Long-Argument-Evolutionary-Questions/dp/0674639065

Darwin is 19 th century. Sometimes hard to read/follow. The book above here is from Ernst Mayr - an icon and very clear.

Then maybe go for Dawkins (the selfish gene).

Dude, I just had a burger for lunch! I actually hate almost everything in that photo :lol:

SERIOUSLY? :o

Brazilians love three types of food instead of ours: Lebanese, Japanese and Italian!

our intelligence decreases over time that's why many people say that einstein hasn't made any groundbreaking discoveries after theory of relativity.I mean that we are not as sharp as we were in our childhood.what is your view about that?

I hate it. Almost as much as haggis, which isn't even Scottish, it's Scandinavian.

Bagpipes are from Turkey.

Tarten originated in modern day Austria.

Whiskey only arrived in Scotland in the 15th century.

Those sneaky Scots...

Yeah dodgy scots!

@Leif

@RyanDavidson

:D

our intelligence decreases over time that's why many people say that einstein hasn't made any groundbreaking discoveries after theory of relativity.I mean that we are not as sharp as we were in our childhood.what is your view about that?

Nah, Einstein was just very smart ;)

If we follow Darwins theory, intelligence would only improve.

Not true. Read "50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology: Shattering Widespread Misconceptions about Human Behavior by Scott Lillienfield" for that one. You will love it!

Amazing debunking.

If we follow Darwins theory, intelligence would only improve.

Actually we dont know that. Evolution has no direction. The idea of intellectual progress is likely considering our current niche, but does not follow automatically from the neo-darwinian synthesis.

Actually we dont know that. Evolution has no direction. The idea of intellectual progress is likely considering our current niche, but does not follow automatically from the neo-darwinian synthesis.

Yeh but it would be logical tbh, if you consider our whole history + Darwins idea's

Well got to edit:

Have to say Mendel's ideas (thats where he jumps in) -> domination.