The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

428364_10150555331538360_290539813359_8747403_48214401_n.jpg

Can you provide any source proving this? I googled Kim Schmitz but couldn't find it. Anyway, if this is true, then it's a joke.. he really is a big "danger" to society, ruining numerous lives (read: takes candy money from corporations) and all. Some laws are a joke.. for example, in my country, homicide is 6-15 years. I bet copyright infriger(?) would be a bigger problem after 6 years than a convicted killer.

What a day for Serbian sport!

Djokovic beats Murray to reach Australian Open final.

Serbian Waterpolo team beats Italy to reach European final.

Serbian Handball team beats Croatia to reach European final!

On Sunday, 3 finals and hopefully 3 titles

:dance:

It's not about that, no matter which country is that doesn't seem fair :(

No, it should not make a difference but unfortunately it does matter which country they each occurred in. In China for example the guy on the left would have been executed with in a month of his conviction. The guy on the right might not have been tried at all. In the US both would be appealing the convictions and that would take decades :( Neither system is "perfect" but they show the extremes of "justice" around the world.

So you're saying the "pirate" would get killed and the killer rapist would get a slap on his fingers and bounce back home? If it's so, then why do you live in such a shithole? Now if it was the other way around, then that would be definition of perfect justice. Although taking into consideration China's overpopulation and lust for money, then it's understandable (from political pov) if they don't value a person's life more than stealing from corps.

LOL no I mixed up my right and my left! sorry one too many glasses of wine! In China if you are convicted of murder you are executed very quickly after the conviction. I'm not sure they would convict someone of piracy.

In the US it would probably be backwards! I read an article today about the guy who killed and raped a family in Connecticut and they said although he was convicted and sentenced to death he case was "automatically" appealed... I find that offensive.

Why do I live in China... because that is where my husband is.

Ignore my stab at China then, it was all written under the condition that what you wrote wasn't a mistake but the truth. Seeing that it was a mistake, then I'm more than happy to see that China has a better sense of bad and worse in those cases.