The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Here it doesn't matter how much snow there is (and let me just tell you that here there is a shitload of it) or how cold it is, everyone still has to go to work and school. If memory serves, there was one time when I was a kid when my school was closed for a day. It must have been below -35 degrees celsius that day...

Good ol' Scandinavia! Never disappoints us :lol:

Here it doesn't matter how much snow there is (and let me just tell you that here there is a shitload of it) or how cold it is, everyone still has to go to work and school. If memory serves, there was one time when I was a kid when my school was closed for a day. It must have been below -35 degrees celsius that day...

I had school closed a couple of times. Once, there was a blizzard, once an ice storm. -25 and heavy snow? Who cares? Go to school!!! I had cousins who lived in D.C. then and if there was any snowfall at all, they'd get school cancelled.

Schools don't close here even when there are cars slipping down hills. One of these days, there will be a truck full of petro trying to climb up one of those snowy hills only to fail miserably and slip rapidly toward and collide with a local restaurant, which happened to be enjoying its peak hour, exploding and bursting into flames and killing thousands of lives and causing over $500 trillion damage. The B.C. Ministry of Education will have to take the blame because the driver of the truck and his employers were all former B.C. students, who knew nothing about staying at home and drink cocoa instead of doing something stupid (e.g. going to school) in unsafe weather conditions.

I had school closed a couple of times. Once, there was a blizzard, once an ice storm. -25 and heavy snow? Who cares? Go to school!!! I had cousins who lived in D.C. then and if there was any snowfall at all, they'd get school cancelled.

I can't wait to visit Canada. Thinking of setting a date for next year. I don't know why it is but I just really want to go, looks one hell of a country. Any advice on where the best place to stay would be and where not to go?

I can't wait to visit Canada. Thinking of setting a date for next year. I don't know why it is but I just really want to go, looks one hell of a country. Any advice on where the best place to stay would be and where not to go?

There is a wax doll collection of the British royal family. Are you into those at all? Those are about the most interesting things in Canada. :Goober:

Am not! Having the highest GPA between Electrical Engineering students does not necessarily mean I'm a nerd :cry:

NERD! Well done though, congrats! Do you have perfect grades?

I finished 14/750, not that bad, but still a handful of people ahead of me. I finished my first year with an average of 91%. A fucking nerd with no life finished with a perfect 100%...

I fucked up though, I have one super idiot teacher. I questioned his method once and I payed the price. 67%. :(

It was always fun to cycle to school when it was -30 degrees, at 7:45 am.

NERD! Well done though, congrats! Do you have perfect grades?

I finished 14/750, not that bad, but still a handful of people ahead of me. I finished my first year with an average of 91%. A fucking nerd with no life finished with a perfect 100%...

I fucked up though, I have one super idiot teacher. I questioned his method once and I payed the price. 67%. :(

No of course not 100%, engineering is hard in Lebanon, especially in our University. My GPA was 3.31 at the end of last semester. But I know a couple of people who finished pure math with a GPA of 3.9 and even a perfect 4.

No of course not 100%, engineering is hard in Lebanon, especially in our University. My GPA was 3.31 at the end of last semester. But I know a couple of people who finished pure math with a GPA of 3.9 and even a perfect 4.

What is your University?

Engineering is hard, even in Mars!

The problem wih my school is that it has a bit of fame, so same really (really) nerd people go there. That fucking dude received some sort of certificate (or honour, whatever) for getting 100% in every single subject, it was like the 10th time it has happened in 100+ years.

I dont work on a scale of 1-4 GPA, how is the equation?

What is your University?

Engineering is hard, even in Mars!

The problem wih my school is that it has a bit of fame, so same really (really) nerd people go there. That fucking dude received some sort of certificate (or honour, whatever) for getting 100% in every single subject, it was like the 10th time it has happened in 100+ years.

I dont work on a scale of 1-4 GPA, how is the equation?

talnet__1122.jpg

It's one of the cheaper private universities, but one of the hardest to pass in in engineering. Other majors are so much easier in it. You can practically graduate from the business school without buying the books!

The GPA system depends on credits and the letter grade system. Your final grade in each course is transformed into a letter grade and each letter corresponds to a value between 0 and 4:

<60 = F = 0

60-64 = D = 1

65-69 = D+ = 1.5

70-74 = C = 2

75-79 = C+ = 2.5

80-84 = B = 3

85-89 = B+ = 3.5

>90 = A = 4

Then the value between 0 and four is multiplied by the number of credits of the course. You do this for every course you take, add the final values all together then divide them by the total number of credits you've taken.

Simple enough? :P

talnet__1122.jpg

It's one of the cheaper private universities, but one of the hardest to pass in in engineering. Other majors are so much easier in it. You can practically graduate from the business school without buying the books!

The GPA system depends on credits and the letter grade system. Your final grade in each course is transformed into a letter grade and each letter corresponds to a value between 0 and 4:

<60 = F = 0

60-64 = D = 1

65-69 = D+ = 1.5

70-74 = C = 2

75-79 = C+ = 2.5

80-84 = B = 3

85-89 = B+ = 3.5

>90 = A = 4

Then the value between 0 and four is multiplied by the number of credits of the course. You do this for every course you take, add the final values all together then divide them by the total number of credits you've taken.

Simple enough? :P

Ouch, whenever I hear "private university" my soul hurts. I loved the logo though!!!!!!

We have a name for this in Brazil, "media ponderada", but I have no idea how it is called in English. Whatever, I got it! :)

Considering shaving my head. It hasn't been that short for over a decade, and I'm curious to see what I look like, YOLO and all that jazz.

LOL, you wouldnt be worried about that in Brazil.

When you get into a top or public university, people shave your head as a prank!

LOL, you wouldnt be worried about that in Brazil.

When you get into a top or public university, people shave your head as a prank!

We're not so barbaric over here. Just the usual paddlings, same as primary school. Still nothing nothing is as bad as PE...knee to the groin, elbow to the face, bruises bigger than dinner plates. Just the usual PE lesson.