Chelsea vs West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How were they lucky. mellow.gif

First one was a clear mistake from the WBA wall. Second goal lol not luck but not a quality goal at all, just dropped in front of him, he couldn't miss from there. And the third was heavily deflected.

I'm not saying he played bad - he played great, just saying his goals were lucky and not those quality goals that we know from him. Still he played very good, worked very hard - and scoring three goals (no matter how) without having full fitness shows his quality.

But at the same time you have to congratulate Didier for working himself into the positions to take the chances in the first place. Even though his first two were because of shoddy defending, he still had to hit the target and I doubt Scott 'Butterfingers' Carson would have stopped his effort for the third regardless of the deflection.

Yeah that's true, a good striker anticipates the second goal. Third goal, have to agree with you. First goal was a good shot, still mainly a WBA mistake.

Of course he had a great match, just saying his goals were not the standard we are used to, he'll get much better throughout the season and score much much better goals... but what am I writing here?

We all know that exactly :P

Well that wasn't too bad a start to the season :)

Excellent confidence boost for the team to start with such a good win and hopefully it is the way we will continue to play for the rest of the season. Excellent for Didier to pick up a hat-trick in the opening game, with his injury problem sorted for good it may his best season for us yet, which would be saying something!! Couldn't have asked for more really, lets hope we don't move from top spot until the end of the season now...

Only dissapointment for me was Kalou coming on instead of Sturridge... got to give Sturridge these minutes if we want him to grow as a player

Only dissapointment for me was Kalou coming on instead of Sturridge... got to give Sturridge these minutes if we want him to grow as a player

I'm sure he picked up a minor knock on u21 duty in midweek before the game, it's the only explanation I can think of mellow.gif