First Team Impressed By Josh McEachran

DYC.

Salomon Kalou believes this will be the season for young blood to shine in the Chelsea ranks.

Following on from his exclusive interview with Chelseafc.com last Saturday, Kalou was keen to express his belief that some youngsters will break into the first team this campaign, and there's one player in particular who has caught his eye.

'Josh [McEachran] is a very good player,' insisted Kalou. 'He has come into the first team, he has a great quality and he can impress. He could do a lot for himself and be an important Chelsea player this year.'

The 17-year-old first began training with the senior squad last season and Kalou knows the side's experience will have already rubbed off onto the aspiring star. It's a fantastic scenario for any young player, especially considering how tough it is to break into top-flight football.

'It is difficult but you learn from the international players everyday in training and I believe giving the opportunity to the young players is a good attitude.

'We are helping him to get on the team and it helps your confidence as a young player when an experienced player comes and talks to you. He will be a good player in the future.'

Great news for Josh and the club.

Future looks bright blue%20scalf.gif!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess Kalou saw Josh do a stepover which ended in him NOT falling face first on the ground :D

Seriously though, I can see where he's coming from about the interaction with the senior established stars and what a confidence boost it would be for him. Hope it only motivates him to push on even harder because the ability is there for everyone to see, but only a grounded, hard-working attitude will determine if he makes it or not.

Josh really excites me as a prospect. Not only is he recognised by Chelsea fans as an amazing talent but also by the United supporters too. Plus - he's English! With all these big names linked to us, and with most of our alleged 'stars of the future' being foreign its fantastic to have a wonderful young English talent.

Josh really excites me as a prospect. Not only is he recognised by Chelsea fans as an amazing talent but also by the United supporters too. Plus - he's English! With all these big names linked to us, and with most of our alleged 'stars of the future' being foreign its fantastic to have a wonderful young English talent.

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't like Chelsea to end up like Arsenal dry.gif.

It is rare nowadays, particularly in big clubs, to see English talent coming through in to the first team. Hopefully the new squad restrictions and regulations will change this somewhat, but that won't be evident for a good few years or so yet, especially when clubs are still able to scout youngsters from abroad providing they're under 21. We're lucky to have such a good prospect within our ranks, and I really hope Kalou is right, thinking he'll go on to be an influential player for Chelsea in years to come.

Will be very interesting to see how Carlo handles Josh this season, how much first team game time does he get? For sure he will not be relied on too heavily but give him game time now and it will only help him grow into a better player

I think he is a fantastic naturally gifted player and it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to make his debut with us this year. But it will still be a few years until he's really ready for an active place in our squad.

Looks like Zidane to me when he plays. a smaller and Thinner and Hairier version of Zidane.

He has a lazy elegance about him when he has the ball at his feet all he needs is to bulk up a bit and he should be the Playmaker for us in the midfield like Xavi.

Looks like Zidane to me when he plays. a smaller and Thinner and Hairier version of Zidane.

He has a lazy elegance about him when he has the ball at his feet all he needs is to bulk up a bit and he should be the Playmaker for us in the midfield like Xavi.

its exactly the same thing I see in his game, his movement, touch of the ball, his passes, sometimes he just seems to stroke the ball and go THROUGH the opponent player...

he could absolutly be the next zizou and so an Player of the next Century... he could even be better than Kakuta... the only thing is, thesea ar really really big big big foot stomps to step in...

Agree with the comparisons to Zidane. Some of the things he does is just amazing, and i can't wait to see when he is doing the things we saw him do in the FA Youth cup for the first team..............

We are incredibly lucky to have SERIOUSLY talented youngsters coming through as Bruma, Josh and Kakuta these have the makings of being World Stars of the future.

He will compete with jack wilshire in the future for a starting role with England, i don't think he and jack can play in the same midfield. Another gerrard lampard situation were people will people comparing them for years and years. As for this season i think it is a bit to early for him to get game time, lat 10 mins here and there.

WHAT!? Jack wilshere is more of an attack minded player and can play on the wings, Josh will be in central midfield in a slightly more advanced role. Nothing like the Gerrard Lampard problem.

'An attack minded player and can play on the wings'

steven_gerrard_extend_contract.jpg

'... in central midfield in a slightly more advanced role.'

13_LAMPARD.jpg

Sounds just like them to me!