Bruma in Dutch squad

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk has named only one member of his World Cup squad for next month's friendly against Ukraine.

Reserve goalkeeper Michel Vorm was the only player included who was in the Dutch squad which reached the final of the tournament in South Africa, as Van Marwijk looks ahead to the team's Euro 2012 qualifying campaign.

"I don't want to use them (World Cup squad members) unecessarily at this stage," he said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Our opponent knows we'll come with a young group but for me it's an opportunity to keep an eye on these young players before the upcoming Euro qualifiers," the 58-year-old added.

Roy Beerens, Jeffrey Bruma, Siem de Jong, Erik Pieters, Ronnie Stam and Ricky van Wolfswinkel could make their international debuts against Ukraine in Kiev on Aug. 11.

Netherlands begin their Euro 2012 Group E qualifying campaign away to San Marino on Sept. 3.

The 1988 European champions are also grouped with Sweden, Finland, Hungary and Moldova.

Squad: Michel Vorm (Utrecht), Vurnon Anita (Ajax ), Otman Bakkal (PSV Eindhoven), Roy Beerens (Heerenveen), Wout Brama (Twente Enschede), Jeffrey Bruma (Chelsea), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), Orlando Engelaar (PSV Eindhoven), Theo Janssen (Twente Enschede), Siem de Jong (Ajax) Jeremain Lens (PSV Eindhoven), Glenn Loovens (Celtic), David Mendes da Silva (Salzburg), Erik Pieters (PSV Eindhoven), Ronnie Stam (Twente Enschede), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse Arnhem), Ricky van Wolfswinkel (Utrecht).

Admittedly the whole squad seems to have been rested but still glad to see he's in the 'second string' of the world cup finalists at his age.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a fantastic experience for him, will be interesting how we handle Bruma now, do we send him on loan somewhere? I think eventually he will have to go on loan for a season maybe in Europe to get some serious playing time under his belt.

Will be a fantastic experience for him, will be interesting how we handle Bruma now, do we send him on loan somewhere? I think eventually he will have to go on loan for a season maybe in Europe to get some serious playing time under his belt.

Hey Esk when will you be making some more compilations there awsome, Hope to see them soon blue%20scalf.gif Maybe one of Gael Kakuta after tonights Under 19 Final?

Hey Esk when will you be making some more compilations there awsome, Hope to see them soon blue%20scalf.gif Maybe one of Gael Kakuta after tonights Under 19 Final?

Have already done a Kakuta one

, game highlights will be starting once the seasons start for Reserves and youth although i hope to get highlights of the Wycombe friendly last night...... no more player compilations though until the end of next season. When one of the ones i hope to do will be a Bruma one.