Realistic transfers

Just wondering what people think about our transfer policy for the 2010-11 season. Realistically, Chelsea dont seem to be spending a lot of money, but we've let 2 midfielders and a right back go (and soon to be 3 midfielders with Deco), and our only signing is Yossi Benayoun. If we are to sign anyone else, who will we sign? Sorry if this topic has been done previously but i thought i'd start us discussing it some more haha blue%20scalf.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Ramires and Neymar are realistic targets for us at the moment. The Torres roumer won't go away either. It is hard to know what our policy is as the club keep everything very close to their chest. I would be quite happy to see Ramires and Neymar come in and if we do add Torres to that it would be a significant statement for next season.

So far Ramires + Neymar look the only realistic ones... Kinda skeptical abt the Torres one because of his injury record.. But if its just the aforementioned two, that is still good enough for me blue%20scalf.gif

I think we can't rule out any player at this stage. Regarding the Aguero/Torres situation, if the money is right both Atlético and Liverpool will surely consider selling. The Spaniards are in a financial mess (reportedly) and Liverpool would be mad to turn down the sort of offers the media are suggesting.

Realistically speaking we should be looking at promoting our youngsters before we splash the millions, since so much effort and investment has been injected into the academy set-up. There is no better opportunity than now to let the kids have their chance. But fresh blood certainly needs to be added - as far as I'm concerned a young goalkeeper and a striker to replace Drogba or Anelka, who can compete with Sturridge/di Santo/Borini in the future is all we need.

Realistically speaking we should be looking at promoting our youngsters before we splash the millions, since so much effort and investment has been injected into the academy set-up. There is no better opportunity than now to let the kids have their chance. But fresh blood certainly needs to be added - as far as I'm concerned a young goalkeeper and a striker to replace Drogba or Anelka, who can compete with Sturridge/di Santo/Borini in the future is all we need.

It's not a thought of "we should be looking at promoting youngsters" we need to of course the new homegrown rule is coming into play now, which will allow younger players to get their chance (like you clearly state). the fact of the matter is, we're nowhere near safe when it comes to that rule. We only have 4 reasonable players under the age of 21 and rest (19 I would recall) are over 21 and foreign, so Ancelotti has a tough decision to make, as to who is going to make the 25-man squad come september 1st!

I think after getting rid of ballack joe cole and soon deco, bringing in someone young and exciting like Ramires would be a great signing for chelsea. I would also like to see Neymar or Edin Dzeko brought in instead of Torres. Torres is a great striker when hes fit but how many games is he gonna play a season? and for £50 million? Really??? We could probably get Ramires Neymar and Dzeko for that price..

I think we can't rule out any player at this stage. Regarding the Aguero/Torres situation, if the money is right both Atlético and Liverpool will surely consider selling. The Spaniards are in a financial mess (reportedly) and Liverpool would be mad to turn down the sort of offers the media are suggesting.

young keeper is sorted delac