2010/11 Squad

September 1st marks the deadline for teams to submit their 25 man squad to the Premier League after new rules were introduced. Out of these 25, 8 players must have been at the club for at least 3 years before they were 21.

So write down who you think should be included in the 25 man squad, use a * to indicate the homegrown talent

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GK : Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

DF : Terry*, Cole, Alex, Ivanovic, Hutchinson*, Mancienne*, Bruma*, Patrick van Aanholt*, Bertrand*

MF : Lampard, Mikel, Essien, Matic, Benayoun, Kalou, Zhirkov, Malouda, Kakuta*

F : Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge, Borini*

Of course, this is based on assumptions that Ferreira, Deco and Carvalho and Franco will be leaving, none of the youngsters get loaned out and no new signings are made.

DF : Terry*, Cole, Alex, Ivanovic, Hutchinson*, Mancienne*, Bruma*, Patrick van Aanholt*, Bertrand*

Of course, this is based on assumptions that Ferreira, Deco and Carvalho and Franco will be leaving, none of the youngsters get loaned out and no new signings are made.

I can't edit this post so sorry for replying again, but I think I messed up the interpretation of the homegrown rule. I interpreted it as players who've been at this club for 3 years before the age of 21, but actually the rules state that the player needs to have been at any English/Welsh club for 3 years before the age of 21. So that means Ash, Lamps and Turnbull will fall into the category of homegrown players. So my revamped list is :

Terry, Lampard, Cole, Turnbull, Hutchinson, Bruma, Kakuta, Borini.

According to this official source...

A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).

If that's the case Sturridge counts as homegrown as he has been on City's books for a while. I also think Mikel counts as being homegrown as he turned 21 in the 2008/09 season, as he was born in April 1987, meaning we signed him when he was 19.

what about the "foreignors" who are under 21..and have not been with us for 3 years yet? that`s the part that confuses me...i`ve read on the thread that we can have as many under 21`s as we want but does that include those players too or not?

what about the "foreignors" who are under 21..and have not been with us for 3 years yet? that`s the part that confuses me...i`ve read on the thread that we can have as many under 21`s as we want but does that include those players too or not?

under 21s dont have to count as part of quota of 25 ..clubs can use as many as they want

What about Kalou?

i`m sure once its made clear to me, i`m gonna feel stupid after asking these questions... :huh:

NOT stupid at all ...ALL under 21s are extra to quota until they reach that age ....not sure myself if it is 21 and under at start of season..

homegrown foreign players is somewhat complex