Crystal Palace vs Chelsea

I see Di Santo as someone who has 'good' feet but that is the noly factor to his play. Borini is a finisher and will take any chance that has been handed to him. Sturridge is that kind of player as well, why he didn't take that shot earlieri would never know but he was the far better striker in yesterday's game.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still prefer to see Borini and Sturridge in the squad over Di Santo. He is not one of my favourite players. We have alot of youth coming through now. I think it would be good to see Mitrovic play aswell.

I would still prefer to see Borini and Sturridge in the squad over Di Santo. He is not one of my favourite players. We have alot of youth coming through now. I think it would be good to see Mitrovic play aswell.

I see the three playing upfront of a 4-3-3 in the future to be:

Tore/Lalkovic -- Sturridge/Borini/Mitrovic -- Kakuta/Sinclair

I think that Sinclair CAN still have a chance of being in the 11, but just needs some faith. I think he knows that and is eager to show Carlo his promise. He had done more in three minutes on the pitch then Di Santo did for one and a half minutes. He is skillful and fast, which is something we need on the wing now that Joe is gone, Kakuta, Kalou and Sinclair should be given that right wing role throughout the season, with Zhrikov or Anelka on the left (Malouda in left centre of midfeild) against teams like Wolves and West Brom.

Also, would like to see Chalobah have some time on the ptich in an EPL game, just give the lad the record of being the youngest player to represent Chelsea. He is such a promising player, and the fact that when he will be old enough to push for a first team regular it would be about 5 years in the future.

Team for me in LC games would be:

Delac

Van Aanholt/Bertrand -- Bruma -- Chalobah/Cork -- Hutchinson

Matic -- McEarhan -- Clifford

Lalkovich -- Borini/Sturridge/Mitrovic -- Kakuta

Subs: Turnbull, Terry, Drogba, Kalou and some more youngsters based on the team choice of the game

I would use a FULL youth side for the League Cup games, giving them a chance to shine.

Sinclair impressed me for the little time he played. He was quick down the wing and kept the ball most of the time. At one stage he lost the ball and was running off the ground, but some how got to the ball before the palace player. Amazing pace! Would be interesting to see if he stays with the squad or if they sell him.

A good first pre season game i thought. Funny to see basically the youth cup side on pitch by the end. Hard to read too much into this game as it was the first and clearly there is a lot to work on though. Thought Sturridge had a good game and continues to look lively, hope he gets more games this season because he will score goals. McEachran did himself a lot of credit and looked good when he got on the ball. Ryan Bertrand looked good also and showed something of what he is about/

Good to see Essien and Mikel back, Essien again looking just what we need as always, lets hope he can stay fit this season. Matic could have been involved more but looked good when got on the ball. Van Aanholt didn't have a great game but Center Back is not for him anymore, he is a left back. Seen him play center back for the ressies with similar results. Bruma the same, was dissapointed to see him played right back as he just is not a right back.

All the young players did well when they came on and didn't look out of their depth, was good to see Chalobah on the pitch, will be a big season for him in the youth team this season.

The next game is a bigger step up, but this was a good workout for the players and a good opportunity for the youngsters too.

I think Borini is on international duty.

If so, i accept why Di Santo started but if Borini was available, he shoulda started. Didnt understand the need for 3 goalkeepers playing tbh haha. Maybe just two, Cech start and then Turnbull coulda come on. Didnt see the point of him then going off for Hilario. Oh well, we won haha, we can't complain. Bring on Ajax :) Hopefully we'll see bosingwa's return and benayoun to play his first game....in the number 10 shirt? hahaha :D

Also interesting to see Conor Clifford, Chalobah and Gokhan Tore playing :) AND if we were gonna do the three goalkeeper thing, why didnt we give Delac a chance, rather than Hilario.

If so, i accept why Di Santo started but if Borini was available, he shoulda started. Didnt understand the need for 3 goalkeepers playing tbh haha. Maybe just two, Cech start and then Turnbull coulda come on. Didnt see the point of him then going off for Hilario. Oh well, we won haha, we can't complain. Bring on Ajax :) Hopefully we'll see bosingwa's return and benayoun to play his first game....in the number 10 shirt? hahaha :D

Also interesting to see Conor Clifford, Chalobah and Gokhan Tore playing :) AND if we were gonna do the three goalkeeper thing, why didnt we give Delac a chance, rather than Hilario.

Hilario is number 2 keeper ..Turnbull is in to be homegrown player.. Borini WASN'T AVAILABLE.

Unless I'm mistaken, I dont think Delac has actually joined us yet. Thought it was odd to see Tore through the middle, every time I saw him last year in the youth team he was on the wing.

Hilario is number 2 keeper ..Turnbull is in to be homegrown player.. Borini WASN'T AVAILABLE.

The whole of me quoting was to say I understand then why he didnt play...

But i was just saying, if he WAS available, he SHOULD have played.

And Fair enough with the keepers, but what use them each to get half an hour? AS I SAID, they may as well just give turnbull a half against palace, with Cech, and then give Hilario a half against Ajax maybe....

I think he is giving all three goalkeepers a chance in order to give them time which will help build fitness fior the upcoming season, and it also gives all of them a chance to show how good they are, imo Turnbull is now better then Hilario and i would say it was about time Hilario left the club as he isn't needed anymore. I think that we have signed his replacement in Delac who will becoming to the squad sometime this season, maybe January.