World Cup's Most Impressive Player

here we can discuss which players have impressed you the most in the WC .... the players that you think will be good for chelsea .....that we should sign ...

so far only three players have really impressed me in a way that i think that those are the perfect signings and they are :

1-MESUT OZIL

2-SHWEINSTIGER

3-AGUERO

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vincent Enyeama, the Nigerian goalkeeper really impressed me this year, it's a shame Nigeria did not progress any further

Mesut Özil has also impressed everyone quite frankly. No doubt that his value has shot up now and it maybe unlikely he'll be staying at Bremen next year. I do wish he'd stop the diving though, he does it at least once a game.

One man I expected to shine and is doing so is, David Villa. The newly signed Barcelona striker has continued to look sharp for Spain following on from his form in Euro2008.

From the Ivory Coast, the 23 year-old Gervinho has impressed, he has the pace and dribbling ability we once saw in one Ronaldinho and he's defiantly one to look out for.

And finally, from the Brazil camp, Elano looks to be finding some very good form. I'll never understand why Manchester City sold such a great player, but there we go. A great all round technical midfielder, makes good runs and has a good finishing boot on him.

Edited by rstar500

Fair list but I don't see how Messi and Drogba belong there,if anything I expected both to be better and kinda stand out for their country,in my opinion they were underwhelming.

I'm not surprised at all that they are under-performing. It's usually a given that when you're great at club level, you're not that good for country. Drogba, Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney all prove this theory. Not to undermine them and say they're crap internationally, but let's just say the Drogba at Chelsea is very different to the Drogba at the Ivory Coast.