World Cup's Most Impressive Player

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players who I think impressed the most in this World Cup ...

GK : Enyeama, Handanovič, Neuer, Muslera, Paston, Stojkovič

DF: Van der Wiel, Coentrao, A.Cole, Lahm, Bastos, Isla, Maxi Pereira, Kjaer, Maicon, Salcido, Vidal

MID : Ozil, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, Carmona, Elia, Birsa, Toulalan, Donovan, Dos Santos, Elano, Pastore, Mascherano, Ayew, Emana, Uche, Yaya Toure, Romaric, Honda, Matsui, Raul Meireles, Simao, Tiago, Ji Sung Park

ATT : Gervinho, Drogba, Villa, Aguero, Higuain, Messi, Tevez, Luis Fabiano, Robinho, Forlan, Suarez, Cavani, Barrios, Javier Hernandez, Vela, Eto'o, Vittek, Quagliarella, Muller, Van Persie, Holman, Gyan

I don't know if you are joking with Veron but he was awfull the last game and missed lots of passes. I think he is too old for Argentina starting eleven because he can't run much and is slowing things down. Pastore played much less but he was excellent and I think Maradona should give him the place in staring 11.

Raul Meireles has been really good in my opinion. Very underrated player. Elano, Ozil, Coentrao and Forlan deserve a mention too.

The poster above me, there are some shockers in your list. Kjaer has been terrible, Neuer's hardly had a save to make and god knows why Pastore is there.

Somewhat ironically, Khalid Boulahrouz has again been good for the Dutch. I know he's only played one game, but he instantly reminded me of how well he played in Euro 2008.

I rated him when he was with us but he just didn't seem to be consistent enough. I remember him keeping Ronaldinho quiet one game and then getting raped by Robbie Keane two or three matches later :lol: But for Holland I've only ever seen him to be a good player!

Somewhat ironically, Khalid Boulahrouz has again been good for the Dutch. I know he's only played one game, but he instantly reminded me of how well he played in Euro 2008.

I rated him when he was with us but he just didn't seem to be consistent enough. I remember him keeping Ronaldinho quiet one game and then getting raped by Robbie Keane two or three matches later :lol: But for Holland I've only ever seen him to be a good player!

He is a monster, he eats attacker up then spits them out his mouth ! thumbsup.gif

Sanchez has impressed me. He has hella fast feet and is always dangerous with a ball. Even th he doesn't seem to be a good finisher, I think he would fit well in our team's right wing. Exactly what we need.

Another player we should go for, is Özil. :)

Raul Meireles has been really good in my opinion. Very underrated player. Elano, Ozil, Coentrao and Forlan deserve a mention too.

The poster above me, there are some shockers in your list. Kjaer has been terrible, Neuer's hardly had a save to make and god knows why Pastore is there.

I am sorry but I've got to reply to what you said. Neuer only got 1 goal and it wasn't his fault and he made some fantastic saves vs Ghana that kept Germany in game. He was also very good and reliant in catching crosses and intercepting passes. Pastore did a great job when he was in the game and showed more than Veron in 2 games.

I have to admit I only watched Kjaer in teh games vs Cameron and he was pretty good then, I don't know how he played in other 2 games though.

I made this list on my own opinion and I didn't want to start arguing here ... if you don't like it I'm fine with that. People judge players differently for instance some sites give a player rating 6 and other give him like 7.5 or even 8.