Premier League Homegrown rule

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronaldo has 22 because he's a cunt. <_<

Ronaldo is on a different level than lampard talent wise. Ronaldo is a freak of nature pure freak of nature, he is unbelievable in the last third of the pitch. Ronaldo is also a lot younger than lampard, he is only going to get better he is the most complete attacking player in the world.

I'm not denying that. Of course he's better.

I'd still prefer Lampard in my team though. Better professional, and he has a better contribution that Cheatiano.

True, but if both were offered to us, I'd bite the hand that offered both. :P

Ronaldo is on a different level than lampard talent wise. Ronaldo is a freak of nature pure freak of nature, he is unbelievable in the last third of the pitch. Ronaldo is also a lot younger than lampard, he is only going to get better he is the most complete attacking player in the world.

I think your wrong. That's exactly the difference between Ronaldo and Messi. CR ofcourse has a fair amount of talent, but he is the one who trains more than any other professional. If you look at his skills, they pretty much are the same every time. Nonetheless they are often clinical and it looks nice but the reason he has those quick feet is for an important part his training.

Messi on the contrary, is just pure talent. I still hate the guy however :rolleyes: (Ronaldo too btw, so don't know if it's relevant :P )

I think your wrong. That's exactly the difference between Ronaldo and Messi. CR ofcourse has a fair amount of talent, but he is the one who trains more than any other professional. If you look at his skills, they pretty much are the same every time. Nonetheless they are often clinical and it looks nice but the reason he has those quick feet is for an important part his training.

Messi on the contrary, is just pure talent. I still hate the guy however :rolleyes: (Ronaldo too btw, so don't know if it's relevant :P )

If i had to pick a player out of Ronaldo or Messi for Chelsea i would pick Ronaldo every time, messi is the best dribbler i have seen in a long time, but ronaldo is the complete attacking threat. Ronaldo is a freak of nature he is unbelievable, united would of walked the league this year if they had him.

If i had to pick a player out of Ronaldo or Messi for Chelsea i would pick Ronaldo every time, messi is the best dribbler i have seen in a long time, but ronaldo is the complete attacking threat. Ronaldo is a freak of nature he is unbelievable, united would of walked the league this year if they had him.

Messie probably woud have get the shit kicked out of him against teams like Stoke :lol:. And Ronaldo already has proven how important he can be for ManUre, so i agree with you on that, would also have picked him. But as Bluelion says, Essien would have :pwned: him.

• 2 months later...

Thought i would revive this thread to highlight where we are at the moment as a club with these rules and what it could mean to our transfer targets and players looking to break into the team. We stand at the moment like this:

1.(HG): John Terry

2.(HG): Ashley Cole

3.(HG): Frank Lampard

4.(HG): Ross Turnbull

5.(HG): Daniel Sturridge

6.(HG):

7.(HG):

8.(HG):

9. Petr Cech

10. Branislav Ivanovic

11. Michael Essien

12. Ricardo Carvalho

13. Didier Drogba

14. Mikel

15. Florent Malouda

16. Jose Bosingwa

17. Yuri Zhirkov

18. Paulo Fereira

19. Deco

20. Salomon Kalou

21. Nemaja Matic

22. Alex

23. Nicolas Anelka

24. Hilario

25. Yossi Benayoun

So as we stand right now the only spaces we have are for Homegrown players. As it looks like there are going to be no English players coming into the club we can assume that those spots will be taken by players like Bertrand, Cork, Mancienne ect. Now i am pretty sure that Di Santo will not class as Homegrown so if we want to keep him around then it is going to be something we will need to look at. You could say that Carvalho and Deco are very likely to leave so if we do let them go then there are spaces for 2 foreign players.

Basically the majority of the youngsters we have around will come into the U21 bracket and be kept in the squad without having to use up any places.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, this rule is utter bull. All it does is encourage teams to take youth talent away from other countries rather than find English ones. Teams are going to Spain, Germany and other European teams to get their u18s and it's just wrong. Teams like Manchester United do it all the time, the case of Macheda being a perfect example. The rule needs to be changed to include a clause, 80% of homegrown have to be English.

I just wanted to ask something??...Why isn't Mikel HG player when we had signed him when he was 18??

"A homegrown player is classed as a player that was registered with the FA or the Welsh FA for 3 entire seasons before their 21st Birthday"

Mikel was signed by Chelsea in June 2006. He turned 21 in April 2008. Which means he only played 2 full seasons before his 21st birthday.

"A homegrown player is classed as a player that was registered with the FA or the Welsh FA for 3 entire seasons before their 21st Birthday"

Mikel was signed by Chelsea in June 2006. He turned 21 in April 2008. Which means he only played 2 full seasons before his 21st birthday.

That would mean kakuta and bruma will be home grown !

That would mean kakuta and bruma will be home grown !

Yes indeed they will class as homegrown, as will most of the young players we sign. Only ones like Di Santo and Matic that join at an older age will not qualify.

• 1 month later...

Another revival of this thread as things stand:

1.(HG): John Terry

2.(HG): Ashley Cole

3.(HG): Frank Lampard

4.(HG): Ross Turnbull

5.(HG): Daniel Sturridge

6.(HG): Michael Mancienne

7.(HG):

8.(HG):

9. Petr Cech

10. Branislav Ivanovic

11. Michael Essien

12. Didier Drogba

13. Mikel

14. Florent Malouda

15. Jose Bosingwa

16. Yuri Zhirkov

17. Paulo Fereira

18. Salomon Kalou

19. Alex

20. Nicolas Anelka

21. Hilario

22. Yossi Benayoun

23. Ramires

U21 Players:

1. Jeffrey Bruma

2. Patrick Van Aanholt

3. Gael Kakuta

4. Fabio Borini

5. Josh McEachran

So we are effectively playing with a squad of 21 players supplimented by 5 U21's who do not need to be included in the squad list. Are we looking a little light? Does the departure of Matic signal another arrival. Time is running out on transfers now.

We look a bit thin in the central defense and the central midfield but that may be due to being spoilt since the Mourinho days.

Hopefully youngsters will be able to step up when needed and make up for the odd game Belletti or Joe Cole played last year.

As a pessimist I think we'll be in trouble around December with injuries,suspensions and our usual Christmas hangover combined.

A quality back-up keeper would certainly be welcome but hopefully Hilario or Turnbull could fill Cech's shoes when needed despite being completely useless.

I guess the question is, we have the space for 4 players, 2 home grown and 2 foreign. Do we need them?

Centre backs, Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Mancienne, Bruma

Midfielders: Lampard, Mikel, Essien, Ramires, Benayoun

Forwards: Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge

What we have is players able to play a number of positions, Zhirkov and Malouda can play on the wing or in midfield. Anelka and Sturridge play the CF role and on the wings. Benayoun can play out wide if needed. Plus the youngsters to drop in as and when. We could certainly cope with the squad as we have it now.

I guess the question is, we have the space for 4 players, 2 home grown and 2 foreign. Do we need them?

Centre backs, Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Mancienne, Bruma

Midfielders: Lampard, Mikel, Essien, Ramires, Benayoun

Forwards: Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge

What we have is players able to play a number of positions, Zhirkov and Malouda can play on the wing or in midfield. Anelka and Sturridge play the CF role and on the wings. Benayoun can play out wide if needed. Plus the youngsters to drop in as and when. We could certainly cope with the squad as we have it now.

feel we are one midfielder short especially now cork and matic are out on loan. wouldnt like to suggest who although im tempted to say arteta