Michael Mancienne

Mancienne - what do we do?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Sell, loan, or keep?

• Sell
    • Loan to another top flight team
    • Keep him

Michael Mancienne has indicated that he does not want to hold talks with Wolves regarding his future until after the season has finished.

The on-loan Chelsea defender has spent the campaign at Molineux in order to increase his experience and has impressed while with Mick McCarthy's men.

McCarthy has indicated that he wants discussions with Mancienne before the end of his deal in the summer and he also plans to build a dialogue with Chelsea on the subject.

But Mancienne, who spent time with Wolves as they gained promotion from the Championship last season, wants to concentrate on ensuring his current club stay in the Premier League after collecting a vital eight points from the last four games.

Midfield role

The 22-year-old said: "I'm not even thinking about it (my future) to be honest.

"All I'm concentrating on is these last six games for Wolves. As to what happens after that we'll have to see."

Mancienne has started or come on as a substitute in 25 league games this season and in recent matches has operated in a central midfield role.

He said: "I have played in this position before, but I'm learning about it more and more every time I play it.

"I am happy playing anywhere I'm put, but I do enjoy the midfield role."

SKY SPORTS

Personally, I'm at a loss with what to do with Mancienne. Do we keep him and let him have limited chances next season? Or sell him on? I don't think he's strong enough to be a central defender. He has pace and an eye for an attacking pass, which is why I think he excels in a more advanced role as a midfield anchorman. However if he wants to stay as a defender, how does he break into a central defensive duo consisting of two from Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Carvalho and Bruma? I can't see it happening myself.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough one with Mancienne actually. Personally i think that Bruma is a far better prospect than Mancienne, and we have good options at centre back. We have no need to bring him into our midfield as we have better options there among the younger players (Cork and Matic being the main ones) I think it may be that we should cash in now rather than loan him out again. It is a shame because he is a good player but he hasn't been able to cut it properly in the back 4 with Wolves in the premier league......

Sell him to Wolves but put in a buy-back price when his performances is consistent and awesome.

Better to keep him on loan. He will still be our player (no money loss). We can sell him only if his performances will be not so good as expected

I'd like to keep him here. Belleti is set to depart this summer, and Mancienne's a player who can definitely take up his role. Was very confident in his two right back performances at Upton Park and against Wigan, and hopefully he'll make progress next season here. Centre back wise Bruma is far more talented, but that doesn't mean MM can't become a squaddie here for the next couple of seasons.

i think we should loan him ...... he is a good young player so he is only gonna get better so loan him for two years if possible and then if you don't need him you are just gonna get more cash for him when you sell him .....

Belleti is moving on next season, so should Ferriera. I would have him take up Belleti's place as a utility man playing in the defensive midfield and being a back up RB and CB. He had put in some strong performances under Hiddink last season.

Personally i think he does better in the DM role than the CB or even the RB role, where his slip ups dont get magnified a lot and dont end up costing as much..

He clearly needs some improvement and keeping him with us if he isn't going to get games makes no sense..

Even if we sell of Carvalho, Paulo and belletti, I don't see him getting the odd PL or CL game ahead of Alex Iva and Bosingwa in the defence or ahead of Essien and Mikel as DM..

So only a loan spell will make him grow further while at the same time not letting him go, his value also will only increase with another spell in the primier league

I think he deserves a chance at Chelsea next year. Played really mature yesterday against Arsenal. He can be used as a back-up for pretty much whole of the defence, so he would probably get a decent amount of playing time.