Ashley Cole Injured

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you rather England won the world Cup than Chelsea winning the title ?

Personally I couldnt give a toss about England.

Agreed, Club over country.

Hate watching my country be led by a fucking Italian who makes a fucking shit decision like dropping Terry.

Agreed, Club over country.

Hate watching my country be led by a fucking Italian who makes a fucking shit decision like dropping Terry.

I still feel if he hadnt got the media hounding him (Capello) he would have done nothing and kept Terry as captain. He said in an interview not long after he took over as England manager that he believes the media over here go OTT about every little thing and all he cares about is how his players perform on the pitch. He wont let the media influence any decision he makes as it will be purely based on footballing ability.

Well he's went back on his word and made himself look a right mug in the process.

I still feel if he hadnt got the media hounding him (Capello) he would have done nothing and kept Terry as captain. He said in an interview not long after he took over as England manager that he believes the media over here go OTT about every little thing and all he cares about is how his players perform on the pitch. He wont let the media influence any decision he makes as it will be purely based on footballing ability.

Well he's went back on his word and made himself look a right mug in the process.

Agreed, he's not the first player to have an affair and the media are out to ruin him. Capello caved. She slept with Mutu and Eidur they aint getting the same treatment Terry has. Absolutely ridiculous says the decision is for the good of the team. Bullshit he was pressured into making the decision by the hounding media

Nah I dont give a monkies about the World Cup.Only watch Internationls to watch our players.We loose meh..long as our players didnt miss the deciding pen and all

Just feel sorry for him.World Cup..every four years and the damage happens now :(

But speedy recovery

Edited by Laylabelle

Nah I dont give a monkies about the World Cup.Only watch Internationls to watch our players.We loose meh..long as our players didnt miss the deciding pen and all

Just feel sorry for him.World Cup..every four years and the damage happens now sad.gif

But speedy recovery

agree like to see our players do well but most of all want them safe and injury free

Cole to undergo surgery

Ancelotti backs defender to recover in time for World Cup

England and Chelsea defender Ashley Cole is to undergo surgery on his broken ankle later on Friday.

The left-back is facing a race against time to be fit for the World Cup this summer after being ruled out of action for the next three months, but Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti believes he will recover in time.

Cole sustained the injury to his left ankle during Wednesday night's 2-1 Premier League defeat to Everton at Goodison Park.

The former Arsenal ace was hurt in a fair challenge with Landon Donovan, with the USA skipper expected to line up against England in their World Cup opener on 12th June.

Cole's injury has led to inevitable speculation as to who will replace him in Fabio Capello's plans for the showpiece tournament in South Africa.

Bridge

Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge is the recognised deputy, but he has been inadvertently thrust into the media spotlight in recent weeks.

A series of newspaper allegations over axed captain John Terry's reported relationship with Bridge's ex-girlfriend led to speculation that the full-back could be ready to leave the international scene.

That suggestion was rejected by Eastlands manager Roberto Mancini, who firmly believes Bridge will answer his country's call if he is selected for the forthcoming friendly with Egypt on 3rd March.

Other candidates to fill the void for the national side include Everton's Leighton Baines, City pair Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry, and Aston Villa duo James Milner and Stephen Warnock.

Ancelotti has bemoaned the loss of Cole as the Blues target glory in the Premier League, UEFA Champions League and FA Cup, but feels he will be fit in time for the World Cup.

Realistic

He said: "I'm disappointed because Ashley is a very important player for us, but it can happen that a player gets an injury.

"I hope he recovers quickly and comes back before the end of the season. That's a realistic possibility. He will have surgery today and we hope to recuperate him quickly.

"In three months he will be ready to play, so for England he can play in the World Cup."

Ancelotti has confirmed he will use Yuri Zhirkov in Cole's absence, starting with Saturday's home FA Cup fifth-round meeting with Cardiff.

He added: "It's bad news, but we have the opportunity to play Yuri Zhirkov, another fantastic left-back, and I have confidence that he will do a very good job.

"He's played very well in the last few games, and has played very well at left-back as well as in midfield. I've said I have a lot of confidence in him.

"He's a very good player. We wanted to buy him in the summer also for this - he could be an alternative to Ashley. Now his moment has come and I think he will be fit to do his best."

Sky