Opinions on Mikel

James

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is a brilliant holding midfielder and he has played well this season. Only people who know nothing about football will bash him for yesterday. That was a really bad back pass, but if lampard or drogba would of done it in their side of the pitch they would of had obi and the defence to clean up. The fact of the matter is it was a mistake get over it. Javier mascherano done it when we played liverpool and we scored from it his ability never got questioned.

I think he is a brilliant holding midfielder and he has played well this season. Only people who know nothing about football will bash him for yesterday. That was a really bad back pass, but if lampard or drogba would of done it in their side of the pitch they would of had obi and the defence to clean up. The fact of the matter is it was a mistake get over it. Javier mascherano done it when we played liverpool and we scored from it his ability never got questioned.

He has been poor this season and great last season. He himself mentioned in an interview that holding in 4-3-3 is easier as you havethe luxury of having he two fullbacks next to you. In diamond, its more difficult as it involves more running and gap covering as the full backs bomb forward.

He has struggled to be the base of the diamond and That back pass wouldnt do his chances of appearing fulltime any good.

I know we shouldnt judge him on that back pass, he is still young, only 22 but he needs to work on his game and KEEP COOL!!!

He has been poor this season and great last season. He himself mentioned in an interview that holding in 4-3-3 is easier as you havethe luxury of having he two fullbacks next to you. In diamond, its more difficult as it involves more running and gap covering as the full backs bomb forward.

He has struggled to be the base of the diamond and That back pass wouldnt do his chances of appearing fulltime any good.

I know we shouldnt judge him on that back pass, he is still young, only 22 but he needs to work on his game and KEEP COOL!!!

thats not true, he had 2 bad Games this season, he was great against the other Teams, ya maybe its harder, no question about that, but you have to admit, when obi is on the pitch we play definitly better, he holds very well if you look at his age, ans you watch him play you could oversee it so easily, that says everything about his quality, he had such a mistake last season against roma too, in my opinion he had 2 bad games, thats it, and he has taken full respnsibility for that, so great lad, he has great movement, intercepts well, gives tha ball rarly away and passes inchperfect, the only thing is, he has to get more mobile on the pitch. The fact is, even if Mikel is MotM, ppl dont recognize it, cause he is a holding midfielder, in this position you only get recognition, if your a Makéléle or a Essien.

Greets.

A lapse of concentration he shouldnt be blamed for. However, he has deteriated a bit, is card friendly and needs to concentrate a bit more. Top player, but he has to be at the top of his game in the top flight otherwise the Chelsea hierarchy will offload and will end up at Villa or Pompey.

Poor mistake but I wouldnt base my entire judgement oof him on that. He is clearly a very good player with potential to become even better. Excellent on the ball , he is a big physical presence , he does however give away too many freekicks and he has struggled at the base of the dimond because he lacks pace.

Well now Essien is out for a month or more, he'll get more chances. I've never liked him personally, think he's always half asleep and proper lazy but hopefully he'll keep learning from these mistakes, he's still young.

I'm always frustrated by the stupid (unneccesary) fouls he makes. Essien is a world class (holding) midfielder who doesn't need that kind of stuff to kill someone's game. Besides that, he seems to be a bit lazy at times, wich is possibly even more frustrating. He's still young i know, but haven't seen a big change in his game over the last couple of seasons...

To be fair to Mikel the holding midfielder position is probably the hardest position to play in football, especially in the diamond. I think he has played some really good games and some poor ones, needs to work on his consistency. He is definately improving though imo. Perhaps they should try playing him in a different position in midfield?

Well now Essien is out for a month or more, he'll get more chances. I've never liked him personally, think he's always half asleep and proper lazy but hopefully he'll keep learning from these mistakes, he's still young.

I agree with that i've never really been a fan of him. He makes alot of mistakes and makes alot of bad tackles. He needs to get that out of his game.