Bosingwa injured

BlueLion.

José Bosingwa will be out of action for up to a couple of weeks after damaging his knee in Chelsea's loss at Aston Villa.

The Portuguese defender, banned from Chelsea's first two Champions League games, was due to return to the squad to play against Atletico Madrid at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday, but the ex-Porto man will miss this European clash as well as the Carling Cup and Premier League double-header with Bolton Wanderers.

More info to follow.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think even Belletti is further ahead than Ferreira in Ancelotti's mind when it comes to the full-back positions... but I expect Ivanovic to continue at RB.

I'd say Ancelotti would pick Ferreira ahead of Belleti. Personally I much pefer Paulo to Ivanovic in that position too.

Hasn't Ancelotti said he's hoping Bosingwa to return for the wekeend?

I thought Belletti did quite a good job tonight, and if he can handle Simao, then surely he can handle anything that Blackburn are able to throw at us. I hope he starts there again for the weekend, he's somewhat underrated, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be bad news :mouthclosed:. We have a decent replacement ofcourse with Ivanovic, but the specific aspect of his play that i'm always worrying about is his lack of pace in comparison with Bosingwa. He has excellent strength though, so that'll compensate a lot.