Drogba - Keep on booing

Badboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great when he on feet.A bloody pain when he rolls around!!

But the guy won me with his 'fucking disgrace comment' inoring the fact he went off injured and really his rolling around added time..still :D had to be said and hehe for saying it.

But yeh booing does seem to work for him.They boo..he scores and happy happy

• 3 weeks later...

Didier Drogba: my son told me I had to change my behaviour at Chelsea

2dw83g6.jpg

It was not his three-match Champions League ban, the prospect of being sold by Chelsea last summer or the disapproval of some fans that convinced Didier Drogba to change his ways, but being reprimanded by his young son.

Shortly after his infamous wild-eyed rant at Tom Henning Ovrebo, the referee, which followed his side's Champions League exit to Barcelona last season, the striker was approached by eight-year-old Isaac Drogba, who told him what he and even the most avid fan knew in their heart of hearts: that Daddy had done wrong. Drogba had already apologised to Ovrebo and the watching millions shocked by his very public profanities, but being shamed by his son increased his determination to alter his behaviour.

"I don't always worry about what people think, but on this occasion it was really important to come out and apologise because of kids watching the games," Drogba said. "My son was watching with his friends from school and I was embarrassed by my behaviour. The good thing was that Isaac came to me and said, 'It's not right what you did, Dad, you should have had more penalties, but it's not right to do that to referees.'

"I told him never to do what I did. He's 8 and plays for Chelsea Under-9s, but is very different to me. He's really calm."

It is difficult to reconcile the angry, out-of-control Drogba from that unforgettable night at Stamford Bridge, who earlier in the season hurled a coin at a Burnley fan at the same stadium, with the mild-mannered individual encountered this week chatting amiably to an elderly couple taking tea in a slightly stuffy Surrey hotel. The notion of the ultra-aggressive competitor who is as meek as a mouse off the pitch, whether it be the eye-gouging forward or sledging fast bowler, is one of sport's great clichés, but in Drogba's case it may just be true.

The Ivory Coast captain is genuinely gratified at the photographer's words of praise for his country's capital city, Abidjan, where he is planning to build a hospital, and thankful for the interest shown in his charity work.

Drogba is shrewd enough to acknowledge the disparity between his public persona and the way he is viewed by those who know him, which he attributes to his all-consuming passion for his sport and an intense desire to win, a characteristic that goes some way to explaining the strength of his bond with his former manager at Chelsea, José Mourinho. He claims to be unaware of the source of such emotional volatility, but an amateur psychologist could find several clues in his unusual upbringing.

Drogba left home at the age of 5 to pursue a career as a professional footballer in France, making a limited impression at several small clubs before establishing himself with Marseilles in his mid-twenties. Such repeated rejection forged an understandable determination to make the most of every opportunity, although even he was shocked at the extent of his outburst after the defeat on the away goals rule by Barcelona.

"I've always been very emotional, but don't really know why," Drogba said. "My parents are very calm and quiet people, as am I in private, but when I'm on the pitch I'm different. Sometimes I see videos of matches and think, 'Did I really do that?' You're kind of aware you're doing it at the time, but when you sit on your sofa watching the game you think, 'Was it really that bad?'

http://www.timesonli...icle6906967.ece