Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Try telling that to some of the more guerrilla minded members *coughCJRevocough*

Well, pardon me for being too annoyed about results! I only get cross because Chelsea don't deliver the goods in games that we should be winning. Ok, fine I understand it's october, but sometimes I can't help feeling like I do, it's just the way I am :zip:

Just look at the reaction to John Terry when Villa scored the second, that's exactly how I felt!

Edited by CJ Revo

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can slam the defending, but I think Deco, Anelka, Malouda, Drogba and company should all be blamed for missing their chances when through one-on-one. Yeah, we played well going forward, but the amount of clear cut chances we had that weren't taken is worse than conceding two goals from set pieces IMO.

Exactly!! The way we were going we could've played all night and not scored..so many chances and we wasted them with v long shots of very crazy shots..one of those games where after we score and be all lala nothing goes right

I don´t understand this. We played brilliant even going behind. BUT THIS FUCKING SET PIECE DEFENDING !

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT ????

JT´s reaction after the 2:1 is speaking for itself.

but like i said, i think we played some real good football. good movings, good crosses, millions of 100%ers, and next time Nico, you nick your 3 chances in, alright ?

same as last year failed to defend corners and freekicks ..and we arent scoring from many of ours

Truth of the matter is, we really should have gone for Alexandre Pato in the summer, then we would have had someone there to give the ball to and get into the channels at crucial times of the game. Anelka and Drogba are good in the air and their pace is fantastic, but they are not young players, and I think today proved that they didn't seem good enough as far as chances were concerned. I also think Villa defended very well.

Well, pardon me for being too annoyed about results! I only get cross because Chelsea don't deliver the goods in games that we should be winning. Ok, fine I understand it's october, but sometimes I can't help feeling like I do, it's just the way I am zip.gif

Just look at the reaction to John Terry when Villa scored the second, that's exactly how I felt!

I totally understand your reaction and agree with you. I don't undertand how some people can be so calm when we drop valuable points against bottom four teams. In 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 our home form was near perfect and our away form let us down. In our 08-09 campaign our home form let us down. It looks like another frustrating season on the road for us. I just hope we fire up before the heavy Christmas Schedule.

Oh and another thing, That second kit is cursed! 2-2 Draw to Reading, 3-1 loss to Wigan, and now 2-1 down to Villa! Remove the patch and burn the bastard!

Truth of the matter is, we really should have gone for Alexandre Pato in the summer, then we would have had someone there to give the ball to and get into the channels at crucial times of the game. Anelka and Drogba are good in the air and their pace is fantastic, but they are not young players, and I think today proved that they didn't seem good enough as far as chances were concerned. I also think Villa defended very well.

Yes, we should but we had Joey, Zhirkov and Kalou on the bench and one or two of them should've come on earlier as impact players. I'd say they should've been on at the start of the 2nd half.

I totally understand your reaction and agree with you. I don't undertand how some people can be so calm when we drop valuable points against bottom four teams. In 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 our home form was near perfect and our away form let us down. In our 08-09 campaign our home form let us down. It looks like another frustrating season on the road for us. I just hope we fire up before the heavy Christmas Schedule.

Oh and another thing, That second kit is cursed! 2-2 Draw to Reading, 3-1 loss to Wigan, and now 2-1 down to Villa! Remove the patch and burn the bastard!

Actually, our home form in 2006/07 and 2007/08 cost us the title. It was crap.

And Ancelotti's reluctance to change things early on is starting to bug me. The game was crying out for Zhirkov's pace and Cole's creativity - so he brings Joe on for 6 minutes? I'm not doubting the man, just questioning his timing - if he wants to change something, he needs to do it sooner!

That what seemed to be Scolaris problem as well.Waited till it was to late to make subs.Duno why didnt wana upset the game?Though it was a bit late for that..hopfully he'll learn from that mistake!

But yeh our ome form last year was crap!We lost the record and after that it went downhill with losses and the many draws

This season so far seems to be away form 2 in a row..And our next run of aways arent easy..Bolton..Arsenal and City so hopfully this small blimp be over by then!

Actually, our home form in 2006/07 and 2007/08 cost us the title. It was crap.

Yeah, now our away form is starting to worry me. Same difference IMO so I hope it doesn't continue.

Terry looked really pissed off when Chelsea conceded the second, which is kind of good because he now knows that the next few games is crucial for us. He should be thinking either this team start getting better results away from home, or we won't be a contender for the title, simple as. I think a good decent hairdryer treatment from Carlo would work wonders.

First things first, get a win over Atletico Madrid at home, and dispose of Blackburn at home, and we'll get that winning feeling back again!

Bolton away on Halloween..oh dear lol.Make it a happy trip!

This aint a excuse but its defintly a factor that didnt help.The factor that majoirty of our players had been here there and everywhere this week/last..which is why most thought we'd draw...and we proved them wrong in the worse way but still

And Ballack! Dont realise how impacting the dude is until he aint there!!

Lampard arg!Get one and reckon he'll be back on track but at the mo frustating as hell

And whats also a pissing pain is the fact Arsenal suddenly creeping up! 3 points behind with a game in hand which a bit ahhhhhhhhh

Edited by Laylabelle

We need NOT to lose vital points.

If we could have just scored one more goal, then at least we would have left with some credibilty in the fact that we had 1 point. Two losses against, so-called not top teams. What will the result be against Arsenal or Man Utd or Man City? If we win them, will we lose the game after? EWe need to sort out of finishing problems and defending from set pieces, or we won't be having the EPL in our trophy cabinet.