Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Aston Villa vs Chelsea

astonvillahome.png vs chelseathird.png

EPL, 17 October 2009, Villa Park, 1245 KO

Top-of-the-table Chelsea head to Villa park looking to increase their lead over Manchester United in the early kick-off.

The Blues beat Liverpool 2-0 at Stamford Bridge prior to the international break to give them their eleventh win of the season.

Match chat here.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh international break!Scary times!

Hopfully all our players come back in one piece

And we can carry on from where we left of today and last year..winning and again winning at Villa Park.Gana be a horrible game no doubt but hopfully we can just take advatnage of the early kick off and extend ourselves

Thats our third kit though it would make sense if that was the away one, the navy one is more likely to clash if the home one has as well.

Have to agree though the white kit looks sexy as.

Thats our third kit though it would make sense if that was the away one, the navy one is more likely to clash if the home one has as well.

Have to agree though the white kit looks sexy as.

As this is my first proper away game, I'm deliberating whether to buy an away shirt. Not sure if I would look sexy in the white shirt though lol. Decisions, decisions.

If I wear my home shirt, i'm assuming that will be OK for this game? Also I read in the last programme that we have to pay £2 to go in the nearest pub which accommodates us away fans. What that all about? I only want quick pint before Kickoff, which will probably cost me a fiver in all.

Edited by Blueray

cape & gown if my memory serves me well.& only used to be £1blue%20scalf.gif

Yes it is the Cap and Gown, and it's £2 and apparently they have part of it for home supporters and the rest is for visiting supporters. I musn't grumble as I know it'll be a good day out.

Wearing the home shirt is fine , wear what you like within reason...pink leotards are a def no lol, as they dont sell beer in the away end it will be an expensive pint...im drinking in the center of brum before the game at weatherspoons near the station then a group of us will get a taxi thats how we have done it for as long as i can remember

Wearing the home shirt is fine , wear what you like within reason...pink leotards are a def no lol, as they dont sell beer in the away end it will be an expensive pint...im drinking in the center of brum before the game at weatherspoons near the station then a group of us will get a taxi thats how we have done it for as long as i can remember

Thanks mate, as ever sound advice. For this game I will be getting the coach from the Bridge which leaves at 8am, which I think means that we will arrive at about 11.30am at Villa Park. I'd quite like to join you, but I wouldn't want to intrude and I suspect it'll be too late by then, you'll already be at the pub.

Chelsea 3 - 2 Aston Villa. Aslong as we win I'm happy with the score. I hate watching Chelsea play aston villa because I know anything can change rapidly. Do we have Petr Cech back in goal, or is hilario a replacement again?

Thanks mate, as ever sound advice. For this game I will be getting the coach from the Bridge which leaves at 8am, which I think means that we will arrive at about 11.30am at Villa Park. I'd quite like to join you, but I wouldn't want to intrude and I suspect it'll be too late by then, you'll already be at the pub.

My train gets in to new street at 10 am you wouldnt want to make your way from the ground to the center of town a 10-15 min train ride if your not getting there till half 11 would risk missing kick off and thats the last thing you want to do..im sitting in block 2 row R i think

My train gets in to new street at 10 am you wouldnt want to make your way from the ground to the center of town a 10-15 min train ride if your not getting there till half 11 would risk missing kick off and thats the last thing you want to do..im sitting in block 2 row R i think

I think probably you're right about going into the center. Still would like to say hello at least at some point. Im in block Q3, Row F.

Always a dodgy game because they are a good team who play nice football and we are usually shit there, cept our win there last year. I think it'll be close but we'll just edge it. I'm sure we'll be wearing the home kit by the way, its the less likely to clash. Villa always wear their home kit at the bridge. Our 2nd kit is maybe too dark or not dark enough if u understand that lol and the 3rd kit has white shorts :P I reckon we'll wear our famous blue there for once.

1-0, frank to finally get one