Complaints Of The Day

Term-X

India is a great emerging superpower.. in 5-10 years it will be one of the most developed countries in recent times. Indian blood will always run through my veins, regardless of where I was born or currently reside.

You Indian?ohmy.gif

5-10 years might be a bit early, man. We've come a long way since independence in 1947, but the main problem is that the development is uneven and unequal. Some of the rural areas are in a very bad state, but if you walk the streets of some of the big cities, you'll find it difficult to believe you're in the same country. The one good thing about Indians as a people though, and it's some thing I'm hugely proud of, is that wherever you go, you'll see a smile on every face, even on those of the poorest.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem! And thanks, I'll be sure to remember your invitation! smile.gif Maybe it's good that your husband was here in winter because right now I feel like I was in Africa. Temperatures are above 40 (104 °F) and sometimes even 50 °C (122°F) . I can't stand it any longer. Remember to be proud of where you come from!

Those are unusual temps for Poland aren't they? They sound like Tennessee and Texas summer temperatures!! Which is why we have a pool in the back yard!! but on the other hand my low temperature is 0 degrees (32°F) but only for a week or two a year! spring comes in March and fall comes in late October!! Having lived farther north I can say I don't miss the cold but the long hot summer is hard too!!

To my two Indian friends above: I realize India is a fascinating place and full of industry and technology! :) I'd love to see it some day! Of course, two sets of my neighbors have been from India originally and I had friend from India in college, so that helped dispel and lapses in judgement I had early on!! :)

Perhaps we should learn from one another instead of judging each others home nations so harshly on preconceived notions? just a thought

Perhaps we should learn from one another instead of judging each others home nations so harshly on preconceived notions? just a thought

Exactly. Good call, BC. In fact, that's why I like being here on this forum. The people are nice and friendly and usually no one behaves like a troll who likes to kick up a storm over deluded notions and hearsay. Good place, this. Makes me even more proud to be a Chelsea fan!

You Indian?ohmy.gif

5-10 years might be a bit early, man. We've come a long way since independence in 1947, but the main problem is that the development is uneven and unequal. Some of the rural areas are in a very bad state, but if you walk the streets of some of the big cities, you'll find it difficult to believe you're in the same country. The one good thing about Indians as a people though, and it's some thing I'm hugely proud of, is that wherever you go, you'll see a smile on every face, even on those of the poorest.

Haha I am indeed, a Gujrati here. Yep very true, I visited 2 years ago, went to Mumbai and Kerala, you can never fault the people. They're so kind, no matter if they're poor or economically okay, they're always helping, starting conversations or just smiling. But to see the the poor living on the street just down the road is heartbreaking. I hope to back in 2-3years to do some voluntary work. If you're still there I'll be sure to message you

• 4 months later...

- Idiots on YouTube who complain about comments about Just Beiber being posted, not realising by complaining they're just as bad!

- Immature, pointless arguments that serve no purpose to anyone around them

- Girls who have 1 shot and pretend they're drunk like they've had 20shots.

• 1 month later...

@The other Indians: I'm Indian too, living in England. I went to India last year to get a bit of minor treatment for my chronic back (I think it's chronic anyways ;\) and it was heartbreaking to see the Poor on the roads. They're so innocent. D: Hopefully India becomes a really developed country, the big rich cities would be evened out in a perfect world.

I dislike people who think chatting to ONE person on Facebook Chat is better than talking to all of your friends in ONE chat on MSN. And people who think MSN has no games. Excuse me, I've been on MSN for years and spent alot of last summer playing games on MSN while talking to my besties!